Chapter 31 - Margo's POV

Alexia collapses, a ball of tears.

"We should really go back now.  Say goodbye, get our supplies," I say.

"No, I can't do this anymore, I just can't," she cries out.

"But you have too.  Lexi, come on, please.  We need to go get our stuff," I try to persuade her.

"I'll come with you, but I'm not going near their bodies," she says after a moment.

"That's fine, come on," I say, gingerly helping her stand.

We walk slowly, finally reaching the circle, and Alexia clamps her eyes shut.  I walk around to the side where all of the bodies should be, to find nothing.

"Alexia, they're gone," I say, "The hovercraft came already."

She comes with me into the circle so we can grab our things.  We stuff as much as we can into the two largest packs, including the first aid kit, all of the water and all of the food, before grabbing a few wooden spears and my slingshot.  As I take one last look around the circle, I see something glimmer in the grass.  A bracelet.  Rowan's bracelet.  I walk over and pick it up before putting it on.

"What is that?" Alexia asks.

"It was Rowans token, his girlfriend's bracelet.  He took it off..." I say, confused, "We can get it back to her."

"What was her name, do you know?" she asks.

"Charlotte, I think," I respond, before grabbing her hand and stepping out of the circle.

"Where should we go?" Alexia asks, looking around.

"We should try to find another cornucopia.  Maybe summer?" I propose.

"Sure," she responds, beginning to walk towards the lake.

We talk our time, stopping to refill the water bottles at the lake, being careful to not get attacked by the fish, before setting off towards the dock connecting fall to summer.