INTRO:welcome to the USA

Hi!, my name is MAUREEN ONYE , but you can call me reen , so am 17 years old NIGERIAN girl, who just landed in the USA, with my fam of course. How I got here, it's pretty simple. You see my mom has been working in the United States for a pretty long time now, but recently she just landed a new job as the chef of a 5 star restaurant and decided to move us to the states, with exemption of my dad who's a workaholic and spends most of his time in China. Well I think that's everyone ,so moving this along ,let me tell you'll how it all started.

The flight was first class ,so the choice of food was amazing,especially since we were asked to order whatever we wanted and as the strong proud chicken lover i was, i order a whole lot of chicken related dishes,but since i couldn't finish the chicken on the plane i packed it up and decided to finish it up when we landed. But in hi-sight, i didn't make such a good first impression,as Nigerian eating chicken at the check point,considering a lot of Americans claim they are vegetarians and animal lovers #lies# ,secondly , the customs officer needed me to unpack my bags for ....''i know lazy right'', especially since i was an African girl with two chicken wings on both hands. So i ended pissing off the custom officer, the long line of people waiting to get checked and whoever owned the white huge rat by the waiting lounge it's red now .

(Old lady hopping out of the bathroom screams; MY CHIHUAHUAAAAAAAA!!!)

OH! so that's what it's called.

( 2 hours later)

So, finally we arrived at our new home.

MOM: Reen!, will you please help your brothers with the boxes ?

REEN: okay! Mom i will .

so as i struggled to pull a heavy bag filled with the boys dirty laundry ,i couldn't help but notice that whoever built this house must have made a huge mistake ,am not even talking about the fact that the doors open both ways,is more about the fact that half of the fence is missing,infact it doesn't even have a human sized gate, this lunatic must have thought he was building a doll house. So i did the honorable and decided to let my mom know.

REEN: mom!

MOM : What's it ?

REEN: I think we've been scammed, for starters the fence isn't actually a fence.

MOM: NO!, in the states this is actually a good design of a fence

REEN: WHATTTTTTT!, so like they don't get robbered or killed ?

MOM: No!, you can actually feel safe, course there are security cameras in almost every street and the neighbors are actually nice and don't just act nice so they wake up in the middle of the night and steal your car battery. Those........ndi'ara........#######(swearing in our language)

CRACK!!!!! CRACK!!!!!

(The sound of breakable plates falling to the ground)

MOM: Reen! i thought i told you to help your brothers with those boxes

REEN: OK !.

(3 hours later)

I'm finally free, come to think of it i actually thought that living in the united states would be a lot more like my imaginations. My dreams of me being on the red carpet and people wanting to take my pix and autographs, but i guess not.

( later that day)

VEEK: aaaahhhhh!!!!

REEN: Yes!, you all must be wondering who the teenage girl screaming is, well she's kinda of my best friend Victoria face timing me from the U.K

VEEK: Oh my gosh!! oh my gosh!!. I'm so excited for you right now

REEN: Calm down your screaming to loud, I'm pretty sure the neighbors can hear you and my mum told me they can call the cops on you for being too loud .

VEEK: Sorry! Sorry! I'm just so happy that you get to live the abroad life with me, Isn't it exciting?

REEN: Well i don't really know what to do here, so it ain't that exciting

VEEK; Nonsense abeg joor!. Your in the united states, do you know how many people will kill to live your life right now!

REEN: And so!

VEEK; Exactly! my point is, you have to make the most of it.

REEN: How?

VEEK: Don't worry i have an amazing idea, i'll call u back in a few

( 3 minutes later)

VEEK: I have a surprise for you

REEN: What?

VEEK: Tartarrrr!!!!!( she places a long piece of paper in front of the screen)

REEN: What is this?

VEEK: A to do list

REEN: A gini? ( A what?)

VEEK: A to do list. its just a small list of a couple of things i want you to do, while in the united states.

REEN: A small list!, U seriously call this dictionary a small list.

VEEK: abeg (please). I'm trying to help you out here.

REEN: I know!

VEEK: Good! so your gonna do every thing on this list and you have to face time me everyday to tell me how your day went, fulfilling your activities and to make it more interesting your gonna get a scrap book to put significant items you picked up doing your to do list activity.

REEN: Your even adding more work on top.

VEEK: Are you gonna do it or not?

REEN: I'll try.

VEEK: I guess i'll email you the list and talk to you tomorrow.

REEN: Goodnight! I'm tired

VEEK: Goodnight.!

TO-DO LIST

REEN: i think am going to write down the to-do list

hello, please comments and hit the stars, if you like my story , oh! please subscribe too for updates. thank you.

HEY WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK ABOUT REEN'S CHARACTER ?....DROP YOUR THOUGHTS ON THE COMMENT SECTION...THANK YOU