Chapter 2

Hearing the voice, Bas who was taking the stairs looking for Kimmon was stopped and was peeking on the voice. He was shocked to see a black witch coming out from the smoke, and Neung was calling her, mother?

Bas was hiding when he saw Neung was pulled into the slump of smoke before the smoke disappeared together with Neung and the black witch. 'Shit, Neung was a witch, and they were targeting Kimmon? But why Kimmon?'

Bas was thinking so hard while making his way up the stairs after confirming there was no one at the stairs anymore. Bas was an omega, with an ability to recognize witch, be it black or white. It was an average ability that makes him an upper class omega. But nobody knew about it, and he don't even care about it before, until a few minutes ago. But the truth is, being in the modern world they reside right now, no one cares about the class status anymore.

People might tell which class are you based on the vibe you are producing around others, but then that's it. They don't care if that upper or lower, and people nowadays even choose their own mate, which they can mate with the consent from both sides. Even chose to mate with human was something happened regularly right now.

However, every action that against the nature always had its affect. Because of this culture of choosing own mate by the modern wolves world, the destined mate will have to suffered a painfully slow death, a very natural way to die, if they couldn't find their own agreed mate. It was a very heartbreaking way to die, that many of the young wolves would surely find their suitor as fast as they can to avoid it instead of waiting for their destined mate.

Once reaching at the door, Bas was opening it with his key before opening it. The roof was supposedly to be a restricted area, but Kimmon managed to get the copy of the key and shared it with Bas, his best friend. Only them both had keys to the roof, and sometimes Itthipat will be joining them too, and it was an auto lock door, that can be open without key on the roof side.

Coming closer to Kimmon, he could tell the guy was distressed. "What happened?" He ask before taking a seat beside Kimmon on the used couch. "I end it with Neung, whatever that is." Kimmon then heaved a sigh.

"Kim, how much do you know her?" Bas would ask. Kimmon was taking a glance at Bas and was turning to the bright sky once again. "I know nothing about her. I never asked her anything. And even if she told me anything, I could care less. Why'd you asked?"

Bas was nodding his head, expected as much. He knew Kimmon was never interested with her, and actually, the guy never interested in anything. He would always wearing this uninterested look in everything, though he could be playful and cheerful most of the times. Thinking about it, only then he realized Kimmon's mood a little bit off today.

"Are you okay? I mean, you are not really yourself today." Kimmon was just staring at the clear blue sky, leaning his head a little bit more so he could enjoy the view a little better. "Maybe still tired from the party last night. I'm okay, Bas, don't worry. What keeping you from coming to my party anyway?" Bas was giving out his apologetic smile.

He was supposed to be at the party last night, celebrate Kimmon's turning 18th but then, suddenly his aunt from France coming over to his house for a short visit before their flight early this morning that was keeping him from going to the party. That's why he prepared all the confetti with all the other classmate, except Rudet and his gang, of course. "Sorry dude, my aunt's family suddenly came to visit us, and they had to fly back this early morning, so I couldn't let myself free."

Kimmon was smiling to that. "No worries, Bas. Just asking, it was special yes, but it doesn't meant it had to be special to you too. But then again, if you were there, it will makes me happier, I guess," Kimmon and Bas was smiling. Bas was fixing his position just like Kimmon, to enjoy the clear blue sky above.

"What's your plan? Reaching 18 means you must have some kind of plans, are you?" Kimmon was laughing. He knew what Bas was referring to, yes, it was a legitimate age to just break the virginity, but then, it doesn't mean you have to do what others are doing.

"Bas, dude, I were just turn 18, what's the rush? I will plan when the plan itself came to me. For now, I just want to enjoy my life as it is. And did you have some? Yours will be next month, right?" Bas was smiling shyly. Well, the truth is, he was never discussed this with anyone. His parents had asked him a few times, but he just shrugged it off. And he was afraid, if he ever told this to his friends, people will mocking him for being outdated or old. But then, Kimmon is fine. He trusted Kimmon just like a brother.

"Will you mocking me if I tell you the truth?" Bas still asking anyway. "Have I ever?" Kimmon was asking him back. He's right. He never mocking Bas in anything, no matter what secret he shared with him. He once had declared to Kimmon when he fall head over to a senior in primary school, telling she was cool and everything. Kimmon might laugh at it, but he never said anything to it, or making a comment on it. Kimmon was such a friend to him, and he was grateful for it.

"I.... actually wished to meet my destined mate. I know people were talking that maybe your destined mate had his own suitor, but still, I couldn't deny that having a destined mate was really amazing. I heard about it all, the feelings and the bond you had with your destined mate were 100 times better than a suitor you choose on your own."

Kimmon was smiling to that. Bas was right. They had been told even when they were at the primary school how one should wait for a destined mate just to live a better life. But then, even the teacher who had teach them was marking by her suitor she choose, so, most of the student wasn't really into it. And some of them even saying that was crappy old story, made by the old generation. You know, old style, old way of thinking.

"I wished you will find your destined mate, Bas. But then, why he?" Bas was happy, that Kimmon was supporting him. He wasn't think that even his parents will support this decision of his, but since Kimmon had support him, he guess, things will be okay. Kimmon was the upper class alpha after all. But then again, he wished Kimmon would be more open to him, as he is with him. But most of the times, the guy would keep everything to himself, but he knew the guy would tell him things eventually. All he could do just wait for it.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"Why are we here again?" Kimmon was asking for...he lost count to it already. And every time Bas would just smile and shaking his head. "Celebrating your adulthood? Come on, dude. Chill, let's just enjoy the view." The view Bas was talking about was girls with sleeveless mini dress or short skirt, many of them, were dancing and shaking at the dance floor in the club they were currently in. It was night time and Bas had offered Kimmon to treat him the drinks for not coming to his birthday party yesterday night. "Not that interesting." Kimmon was scowling to that while shaking his head before taking a sip from the beer mug in front of him.

"Sorry, I'm late." Itthipat who appeared suddenly out of nowhere was taking a seat beside both of them. "Why? I thought you don't have class today," Bas was asking Itthipat once the guy had ordered his drinks. "Caught in the traffic. There was an accident. What's wrong with him?" Itthipat was asking pointing at Kimmon and Bas would just shrugged his shoulder.

But then, suddenly Neung was taking a seat beside Kimmon with two drinks which one she had put it in front of Kimmon, making Bas and Kimmon frowning at her and Itthipat had no idea. But he could tell from their expression, that this girl wasn't as innocent as she look.

"I'm here to say sorry, I know I shouldn't do it, and I didn't mean to tell Rudet any of it. Sorry na, this drink is on me, as a sorry. So, can we stay friend?" Neung was offering her handshake while Kimmon was slowly accepted it. Kimmon then take the drink and was drinking it, as a way telling her, her apology accepted.

Neung was just smiling wider. Or was she smirking?

End of Chapter 2