CHAPTER SIXTEEN

READERS NOTE: Thank you so much for 1k reads. It literally means so much to me. i love you guys! I'll be trying to post two chapters this week.

You had just spotted your roommate, Elios watching you from the sidewalk. It all seemed too off. Suppose you were overthinking it?

You watched attentively. Elios adjusted his jet black hood and walked off.

" Is something bothering you, love? " Victoria inquired, her voice wasn't no where near as worried as yours was. You couldn't blame her though. She couldn't see a single thing and if she did her vision must be somewhat hazy. 

You clenched your jaw in anticipation.

You were having a self conflict. You had the choice to either inform her that you might've saw someone watching her and yourself or you could spare her some panic by keeping your mouth shut.

You reached your hand forward and pushed a strand of her blonde lustrous hair out of her face. " It's all good, i just zoned out. " You coughed awkwardly and before you could remove your hand from her temple ( head ) she placed her hand on top of yours.

You heated up, cheeks growing beet red. " I can almost see it clearly, you're flustered so easily. " Victoria laughed teasingly.

 You let your hand drop to your side and Victoria placed her hand on top of yours, fingers locking with your own. 

" I should be going right? " You spluttered, tripping over your words nervously.

" Yeah you probably should or one of the nurses will come scold you. You're way past visiting hours. "  She warned.

 Victoria picked up the jar of cookies " I'll be keeping these by the way, see ya " She waved, blowing a kiss.

You couldn't manage to stifle the smile that formed upon your lips and you made a catching gesture before getting up and walking out of the room.

Now you had to think about Elios. What was the fuck was he doing at the hospital and why was he watching Victoria. You wanted to convince yourself you were overthinking.

The only issue was the more you thought about it the more confusing it got. You knew you would need to bring this up with him when you made it home.

You hurried down the stairs and swiftly apologized to the lady at the front desk for staying past visiting hours.

 She was making a bit of a fuss but you could care less. You were much focused on the Elios situation.

                                                         [ AT HOME PARKING LOT ]

You were out of breath, panting. " Finally. " You said, gasping in relief.

You forced yourself up the stairs and knocked on the door. You had a hunch Elios was already home.

The door opened and Elios smiled welcomingly. The smile on his face faded as he watched you brush past him in a surprisingly curt manner. " Oh- " He frowned.

He closed the door behind him, twisting the lock. " I guess this is about the situation at the hospital? " He tilted his head.

You nodded, narrowing your eyes suspiciously. " What was it all about, are you following Victoria or something? Do you like her that much that you'd stoop so low?.. " You questioned.

You wished you could take back your words. It sounded like you were jealous.

Elios shook his head, his cheeks stained with blush now. " Excuse my manners but it almost sounds as if you're jealous. " He snickered, that angelic laugh of his escaping.

Your eyebrows furrowed in embarrassment. " I know it does but i'm not, now tell me why you're stalking Victoria! " You spat sharply.

Elios's face suddenly went serious. " I'm not stalking her at all (Y/N), look i went to the hospital to check on my aunt. She was in a car crash. " He spoke bluntly, though his face was  genuinely  filled with hurt.

 " I wanted to  come see her but i also realized that you were there and it'd seem a bit creepy if i randomly showed up at the same hospital you were in. I'm not a stalker. " Elios's face seemed cold & pained. His eyes were glossy and you could clearly see tears forming in the side of his eyes.

It was most likely due to the fact that you appeared to think of him so lowly that you assumed he'd stalk someone.

 You suddenly felt guilty. It was like a lump was rising in your throat.

" I'm sorry.. " You stepped forward and butterflies began to flutter in your stomach. You wrapped your arms around his torso comfortingly. You could hear low and faint sobs coming from Elios..

" Do you think i'm a monster, (Y/N)? "
Elios questioned randomly.

You felt urged to ask why he would ask such a question out of the blue but couldn't convince yourself when he was in such a state. 

He appeared so  naive and innocent as he cried on you. 

You felt special to see him so vulnerable. " I know you're not a monster. " You'd coo to him soothingly. The sobs quieted down with that.

You and Elios stayed in that position for a few minutes.

 He pressed his face to your shoulder, inhaling your sweet calming scent, wishing the two of you could stay like this forever.