Hello Asahi!

Y/n + Mu/n POV:

It has been one day since I met Nishinoya, and I decided to go with Hinata and Kageyama to see if we could find out who this Asahi guy is.

Hinata seemed to be pretty nervous about walking into a third-year classroom, and I really couldn't blame him sense I kind of felt the same.

"Um...Y-You guys go first."

"Wha?! Me?! You were the one who wanted to see the ace Hinata!"

"B-But I can't walk into a third-year classroom. That's too scary!"

Kageyama was getting irritated with Hinata while I looked around and into the classrooms until I heard Sugawara's voice. "Wait! Asahi!" 'Asahi?' All three of us turned around and came face to face with Karasuno's ace. 'Oh wow.'

"Hm? What are you three doing up here?...This is Hinata, Kageyama, and l/n. They're our new rookies." When Sugawara introduced us we all said "Pleasure to meet you!" And went back to being quiet while Asahi and Sugawara talked to each other.

I was starting to feel awkward when Asahi gave both Hinata and me a pat on the arm while wishing us good luck.

This seemed to have confused the others too. "Aren't you going to come and play with us? I wanna become the ace someday too! So I really wanna see one play up close!" Hinata's face was full of joy and excitement while Asahi looked like he needed to clean up a landfill (my room).

A classmate of his said that the teacher was looking for him, and then Asahi said this to us. "Sorry, but I'm no ace." And with that, he left.

Kageyama was confused and asked Sugawara if he is injured, but that wasn't it. The look on his face and the tone he used when he said that meant that something happened in the past involving Volleyball.

"He isn't coming back because I think he's started to hate Volleyball. Or something like that...Asahi was always the biggest and strongest out of us, and even when the ball wasn't where it should be he'd still make the attack count. All of us knew that he was our ace...But because of that I relied on him too much."

Sugawara had an almost pained expression while saying that, and it seemed like Kageyama understood what he must have meant and asked if Asahi was shut out during a game.

"Yeah, and it was in a game not too long ago...The other team's blocking had him stuffed. Asahi was our ace. Getting marked, getting picked on, having the other team's whole attention on stopping you is part of playing the position. But in that game he was completely shut down. He couldn't do anything. None of us could, and Asahi is the type to feel overly responsible for things..."

I took a few seconds to think about how that must have felt when I was pulled by the arm by none other than Hinata who said that we're going to be late for practice if we don't hurry.

Practice started, and Nishinoya renamed a rolling dig "Rrolling!! Thundaaaaaahh!!" and he looked super proud of it until Tanaka called him out on it being just a normal rolling receive. "Why did he shout something?/No yelling out strange stuff while you're still in motion. You could end up hurting yourself."

Both Kageyama and Daichi were confused and worried as to why Nishinoya shouted that while Yamaguchi and Tsukishima laughed.

Hinata on the other hand kept asking Nishinoya how to do it. I just sighed and continued to do serving drills.

"Kageyama!! Tsukishima!! Yamaguchi!! You three are in trouble now!! Get over her and kneel...No, sit..No. Just make yourselves shorter than me!!" 'I understand the feeling Nishinoya T-T'

"Hey everyone. Gather 'round!"

Once all of us had walked over to Takeda Sensei he continued to talk, and I made sure to pay extra attention to what he was saying too. "You're all planning on doing that again this year, right?"