Karasuno vs Nekoma! Part 2!!

Mu/n + Y/n POV:

It was now the second set, Inuoka has basically been shutting down Hinata and Kageyama's quick attack by blocking it every single time since the first time he was able to block it.

That was to be expected after I saw him catching up, but what I don't understand is why Coach Ukai hasn't subbed him out yet.

'This would be the perfect chance to sub me in! I don't have to go all out because it's a practice match, but I can still try and surprise them!'

"Are you wondering why I haven't subbed Hinata out yet? Well, if this was a real game I might have, but it's not. Leaving him in gives him the chance to figure out a solution on his own. However, if it looks like he's getting too stressed out about it, I'll have to pull him out to put himself back together."

I was shocked that Coach Ukai knew what I was thinking, but it seemed like he was talking to Tsukishima instead of me.

Either way what he said definitely made sense. 'It would be good for Hinata if he can find a solution to this. It might even result in an upgrade to their quick attack.'

Sure, I was most definitely sad about not being out there yet, but I knew that it wasn't the right time. We also haven't gotten a point yet so I wouldn't be able to serve....

This time it looks like Hinata was able to get around him, and I was slowly standing up in anticipation to see if it would work, but this only resulted in me falling back into my seat because Inuoka once again blocked him.

'I can only imagine how hard this must be on Hinata right now. Especially with how much he hates being blo-Huh? Is he....smiling?'

Hinata was in fact smiling, and I had to run my eyes a few times to make sure that I wasn't seeing things.

"This time it's different. Before, if I were to get blocked from seeing the 'other side' I would have no idea what to do, but this time it's different. I can tell that Nekoma is barely keeping up with me, and up until now being blocked always scared me. I hated being blocked, but now, when I see him dash in front of me, I get excited."

This definitely intrigued me, and I was now fully listening to what Hinata had to say next while also standing up because I was tired of having to sit down.

"It feels like, with your setting, and just one more something, I might be able to hit it past him. So, let's do it again. Put the ball up for me one more time!"

It seems like all of us were looking at the two quick attacking duo right now while also awaiting for Kageyama's response to Hinata.

Well, I least I was, and I'm sure that a few other people are also wondering about what he'll say.

"Of course I will!"

I smiled at this response while crossing my arms across my chest. 'Those two are definitely a good pair.'

Kageyama had done exactly what he had said, but there was something different about this quick attack, and that something made my eyes widen in surprise.

"Huh?! He had his eyes open that time!"

Yamaguchi looked at me in confusion when I said this, and so I decided to explain what I meant by that because it seems like Yamaguchi just didn't really understand why that was so surprising.

"So far Hinata's always trusted Kageyama and kept his eyes closed when spiking one of Kageyama's sets, but this time he actually looked like he was looking for the ball in an attempt to get around Inu- I mean number seven."

Coach Ukai looked like he was losing it after I had finished talking, and had tripped while jumping out of his chair before taking a knee in front of the referee.