Suprise

Mu/n POV:

We were currently doing practice, and Daichi had just bumped the ball.

"Nice bump Daichi-san!"
"Nice One!"

"Don't just stand there!! Get into position to follow up the block!!"

Coach Ukai seemed to be pretty into being our coach now, and I couldn't help but smile while getting the ball to the other side of the net.

"Tell yourself that this is the last set of the game! Treat every set like it's the last one! Attack it with everything you've got!"

Everyone was keeping their eye on the ball while it came back over. I was in the back row, but when I saw that Tanaka and Hinata were running after the ball in desperation I felt like I had to as well in case they couldn't reach it in time.

"Because if you don't, then that one set you slacked off in practice is going to turn into that one set that you'll truly regret!"

We ended up missing the point, and sadly I scraped up my elbow from the friction. That, and the fact that I was dumb and thought that I wouldn't need elbow pads since I wasn't the libero.

Right now we're all sitting down in a circle on the floor while Coach Ukai gives us a sort of speech.

"Miyagi Prefecture doesn't have any regional preliminaries, so that means that we jump straight to the prefectural qualifiers. There's around sixty high school teams that participate in this tournament. Out of all of those teams only one advances to nationals. The tournament format is standard elimination, which means that if you lose once, you're out."

My expression fell when I heard that last part, but I was still determined on having our team win and play for the longest out of al the other teams.

'I really hope that we'll be able to play the longest out of any of the other teams.'

"If we want to payback Nekoma, then our only choice is to win the whole tournament. Coming in second won't cut it. Of course Nekoma is going to have to win on their end to earn a spot as Tokyo's representative too."

I had a confident look on my face when I heard this, and that was because I was certain that they'd be able to make it to nationals.

'I made a bet with Kuroo anyway, and knowing him he'll make sure to win that bet by meeting us in nationals.'

Our break/breather had started not too long after going over a few more things, and Asahi, Sugawara, Tanaka, Nishinoya, and me were looking at Monthly Volleyball.

Hinata and Kageyama overheard us talking about it and decided to ask what we were doing.

That's when Tanaka showed them the magazine.

"Out of all the players they're mentioning in that article, there're three that have been labeled as the biggest talents."

I got bored from sitting down, so I decide to walk over so that I could see what Hinata was looking at. It seemed like Kageyama was doing the same thing.

"One of those three players is Shiratorizawa's Ushiwaka."

My jaw dropped when I heard this. Mainly because I have met Ushijima since I'm friends with Tendou. I don't really know if I can say that I'm friends with Ushijima though....

"Shiratorizawa?! That's the school Kageyama was totally rejected from!!"

"CAN IT!!"

Kageyama looked like a vein was popping out of his head after hearing what Hinata had said.