Getting Ready for Nekoma!

Y/n + Mu/n POV:

We were in the gym, and coach Ukai had just set up the layout for our coming up game against Nekoma. I was sulking when I was left out yet again, but Ukai said that he wanting to have me as just a pinch server because of how good my serves were.

That made me feel better, but I didn't like the idea of that being the only good thing he saw about me. 'I wish that I would be able to show off more...but I guess it's better to not show off during a practice match. That way they won't know about all of my other talents when going up against them I'm a game.'

I was hoping that this was the case, and that I wouldn't be stuck as a pinch server the whole year. That would really suck, and I'd probably get sick of serving of I have to be honest.

"You better thank your adviser here for all the hard work he's done! Setting up a chance like this wasn't easy!"

Takeda looked like he didn't know how to respond and was surprised when all of us made sure to thank him all together.

After thanking him all of us went back to cleaning up the gym. 'I feel bad about just being a pinch server, but Sugawara isn't even in the lineup, and he's also the only third year not in the starting lineup. There's also Ennoshita who's a second year.'

I was starting to feel bad about being selfish and wanting to do more when Nishinoya ended up speaking up.

"This isn't a game of playing nice you know! The best player gets to go out on the court! Period!" 'That makes me feel even worse for the people that won't be on the court...'

Ennoshita and Asahi didn't seem to know how to respond to that and just looked at each other while sweating. "Well, I haven't really been giving it my all while playing anyway. I did also run away that one time so-" Ennoshita was griping the mob in his hands while sweating and saying this, but Nishinoya ended up cutting him off in the end.

"Once you get better than Asahi-san then you'll be able to steal that spot from him! Right, Chikara?"

"Huh?! W-Wait. I didn't say tha-"

"That's right! If anyone's going to lose their spot to you it'd be Ryu." 'You're not helping Nishinoya, and I don't think that's what Ennoshita meant...'

I was starting to sweat while nervously smiling while Tanaka started to challenge Ennoshita after hearing what Nishinoya said.

"Nishinoya please stop that." Ennoshita ended up covering Nishinoya's mouth with his hand making Nishinoya let out a muffled reply that no one could make out.

It was the next day, and we were currently doing a practice game against ourselves. This time I was actually on the team which was nice in my opinion. "Watch your feet! Stop just swinging your arms around!!"

I was zoned into the game until I saw Kiyoko step inside the gym with two big bags in her hands that reminded me of the bow with our Volleyball jackets which made my face light up. 'Could it be?!?!'

They were! They were are uniforms! "These should be all of the uniforms." All of our faces lit up and were currently receiving each of our jerseys.

"Wow~ So cool!" I was currently holding up my uniform that had the number 13 on it. 'I know that thirteen is supposed to be an unlucky number, but this is still amazing!'

Nishinoya had already put on his jersey. He had the number 4, and sense he was the libero he had the opposite colors that everyone else did.

"Noya-san is in all orange! It makes him really stick out!" 'Now that I think about it. When did Nishinoya get the chance to change?' I tilted my head a little bit while thinking about when he could have changed when Kageyama spoke up.