Chapter 1

I thought that I heard my name being called somewhere throughout the crowded hallway but I never quite picked up where the sound came from. I continued making my way onward stopping by a random table just sitting there by the side so I made sure all the books I needed for the next class were accounted for.

I zipped up my bag, flinging it on my back. As I turned, standing there next to me was a short blonde chick, wearing a jeans skirt, white sneakers and a long sleeve light pink top while holding the straps of her floral backpack and by then I knew who it was.

"Lo!!" She exclaimed embracing me in her arms. My friend Hope is sweet and altruistic- someone who puts others first before themselves. "You still coming over this weekend to study right?"

"As long it's just studying and not boys or any other distractions."

"Really??"
I gave her a look to show her that I'm serious.
"Fiiinnne," She said in a huff.

"Um.. what happened to your uniform? If Ms. Gross sees you roaming around-"

"I went to her already because I got splashed with a lot of water and then I spilt coffee all over it, so my day kinda sucks right now."

"How did you manage to get splashed with water?"

"Um.. a biking accident on my way here."

"Okay.. good to know you are not taking me anywhere in any vehicle. It could be a wagon."

"Hey!!!" She playfully punched me in the arm.

We started walking to get to our separate classes because we are split up in every class during the last two out of three periods of the day except for Friday.
"What class do you have?"

"Um... Biology, you?"

"Economics"
We reached her class before hugging while I watched her enter cheerfully as she can be. I always walk with her to her class even though sometimes I can't bare her, she was the only person I ever got so close with. I finished walking all the way to the rest of my class by myself.

A couple of other students and I rushed inside making it to our seats right before the teacher started the lesson.

"Good Afternoon students! I hope you had a wonderful lunch and are prepared to work. As you all know, your Sophomore year is soon coming to an end and all of you will be moving on up to Senior year!-"

"Uh... Sir, it's actually Junior year." Some boy on the opposite side of me one row down interrupted to correct him.

"Oh! Yes, that... but anyway, you must now put in some hard work in order to be what you want to be and live your life to the fullest! Now, I must add that... as it is coming near to the end of Sophomore, we will be partnering up with the Juniors who will be Seniors and be one huge class altogether."
The class groans.
"It's not going to be that bad."

"Um, Sir.. the last time we teamed up with the Juniors they ruined the whole classroom, trashed the place and we were blamed for the mess, leaving us to clean it up." A ginger head girl with ombre hair stood up.

The whole class started murmuring agreeing with what she had said.

"Yes... but this will be an experience of a lifetime, we will be one class but we will split up into groups. Some Juniors and Sophomores will be in one group with one teacher and so on. This is to help with your capability of working in pairs or more and prepare you for the line of work whether tolerable or not, that's life." He paused, looking around at the class who had by now settled down with disbelief splashed all across their faces. "Well with enough said, time to officially start the class."

After class, I walked up to Mister Morris.

"Uh... Mr. Morris.."

He turned not quite expecting me to be there. "Uh, yes Miss Jacobs? How may I do thee honour to the top student in the class."

"Thanks..?"
He bowed in his suit.
"About what was said in class.. what is the real reason we have to share with the Juniors?"

"Well my Miss Jacobs, so very keen."
I said nothing, folding my arms making him sigh which meant it was something not to be shared with the students.
"The intake for freshmen this year is through the roof. The school is not sure if we will be able to handle that many students, so we are testing the theory. That means we need to have available space in order to maintain these students."

"And if it fails?"
He sighed looking off to the side which meant he was probably dreading the answer to this question.

"I don't know what Miss Gross would do but most likely we will only be able to keep the best out of the best. Students like... you."
I watched and listened intently.
"Meaning the rest would have to go elsewhere and you know the school policy."

"Mm"

"Please excuse me." His voice sounded as if it were about to crack as he quickly moved past me, dashing out of the class.

"It must be hard for him to talk about this stuff," I said to myself.
Mr. Morris was always someone who care about the well-being of others, so the thought of a child not being able to complete their education would hurt him and make him emotional.

I shrugged my shoulders completely unfazed and headed to my last class for the day.

When I got home, I slipped off my uniform and throw on some old pyjamas. I went to the fridge and pulled out some Layz Chips with a Sprite and sat on the couch watching any type of entertainment I could find on the TV leaving the doors to the balcony open as the wind blew on the iris purple curtains.