Chapter four

"I just gotta do it!"All I need to do was dial the number! But I was having a hard time doing it for some reason. I really wanted to be friends with her, she was so nice and sweet....and well... I couldn't get her giggle out of my head. I quickly dialed the number and sat patiently on the sofa for an answer. "Hello?" A beautifully thick French accent answered. "Good day!!! This is....Alice!" I said freezing up. "Ahhhh!!!! Hello" she  cheered.  "Hi! I was just wondering if maybe you would like to come over to my place for lunch later this week? When you can of course"

I was so nervous and stupid! What on earth was I thinking? I waited for a response and it felt as if she was taking forever to respond. "Yes, that would be great" it was as if I could feel her smile through the phone. I just wanted to make some friends and since we never had a good chance to talk, it was perfect timing. "How is tomorrow at 12?" She asked. "That would be great ! Let me give you my address" I smiled. I continued to give her my information with a giant grin on my face. "Well now I must get ready" I said to myself.

~Francine pov~
As soon as I laid eyes on Alice, I knew she had to be an extraordinary person. She reminded me of an actress I saw in a movie once, so petit and gentle. I was on my way to her house the next day she had reached out to me and I was very much interested in her. I know it was too much for me to dream but I really liked girls, especially the blonde ones. Okay! I was joking about the blonde part, but I really did love girls. So much, that I had to keep it a secret from everyone.

If people knew, I would probably go through shock therapy!! I did not want that. Alice gave me these vibes that she was suppressing  her love for girls. I won't force it out of her, but maybe if we got close to each other for her to tell me, I could possibly be a close friend to her? If that even makes sense. I arrived as planned, I wouldn't want to be late .

I stood outside her door and fixed my hair a little before knocking on the door gently. "I'm coming" a sweet voice called out to me. I smiled at the sound and waited patiently until the door slowly opened. "Hey, I was just getting our sandwiches ready, do you like ham?" She asked. I smiled at her sweaty face and hair as she wiped off flour from her face.

"Love it, now , were you baking bread?" I asked.  Her face turned red and I just screamed on the inside from how cute she was. "Oh yes.... I .... do you like sweets?" She smiled. Alice stood to the side for me to come in , which I gladly did "oh yes, sweet bread is only made with love after all" I smiled.

I looked around her retro home and smiled at how colorful it looked. It was drenched in the latest British culture from the era. "Here take a seat, I will get the kettle" she chirped. I watched her walk to the kitchen as I took a seat at her table for two. It was obvious she lived a lone, I wonder if she has a lot of friends.

"So what do you do on your spare time?" I asked. "Well, when I am not working, I guess I usually just like listening to music most of the time or going to local concerts to feel mellow" she said showing herself to me. She placed the kettle in the middle and gestured for me to help myself. "And you?" She asked

"Well...when I also am not working, I really like to do art, but I'm not that good to do it as a profession" I said nervously. Her eyes lit up and she smiled happily "oh wow! I'm sure you are amazing, you should show me sometime" she said. She really seemed so kind! I doubt there was anything wrong with her. A perfect human being.

"ALICE!!! I AM GOJNG ON A DATE TONIGHT AND I NEED YOUR OPINION!!!!" The front door had slammed open and another woman entered the house in a loud manor. "AMELIA!! WHAT THE BLOODY HELL DID I TELL YOU ABOUT BARGING IN MY HOUSE WITHOUT KNOCKING OR GIVING ME A HEADS UP!!!??? I AM WITH COMPNY RIGHT NOW AND YOU ARE EMBARRASSING ME!"

My eyes widened at the sight and the woman knelt on the floor as if asking for forgiveness. Alice , however looked as if she was about to kill her. "I'm sorry, but you still are...." the woman said crying and looking at me. I could see how much Alice froze as she remembered that I was there the whole time. She slowly turned to me nervously, composing herself in a proper manor once more. "I'm sorry you had to see that, sometimes I get a little upset."

"A little?" The woman and I said in unison. "Well, the two of you have met... at the dance, remember?" Alice said pointing to the two of us. It suddenly hit me that she was the woman from the other night. "Oh yeah! It was too dark to recognize you" I laughed. "Agreed" she smiled.

"Well, as you see , I am busy so you will have to decide on yourself" Alice said pushing Amelia out the door. "Awww really?" She asked sadly. "Yes!" Alice said sternly. "Fine! By Francine!!! You two kids try not to get carried away" she teased waving a goodbye to me. Alice shut the door and breathed out heavily "I am so sorry about that" she laughed. "Don't even worry about it, she seems really nice"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thanks for reading so far 💖