Chapter Nine

April 1967
It was already a month into this new lifestyle for Alice. Going to these bars to meet women, take them home and just mess around. It was starting to bother me a lot on how much she was starting to not care about finding love. Couldn't she see that I would love her and treat her better than any of these low grade women who only wanted sex from my dearest Alice. It was exhausting to keep up with Alice and her shenanigans. "Hey, maybe you should slow down a bit" I said placing my hand on her shoulder.

She was drinking a lot and I was worried about her "why? It's better to not feel the pain" she snapped. I looked at her confused as she put her head down at the bar. "What are you talking about?" I asked. "Can't you see I am in pain!!!!" She yelled pushing me away. Usually when she was drunk she got upset but it was different this time. "Come on, let me take you home" I said pulling her. She let me carry her outside the bar and into my car, I was glad she didn't try and struggle.

Once I put her in the car she started to sob. I quickly went to the driver seat and looked for napkins. "What is wrong my dear" I said in French. "I..... I can't take it anymore" she cried. "What? Tell me what's wrong" I begged.  I had no idea what was wrong with her. "I have always wanted a baby of my own, to get married and start a family, but I can't if I'm in love with a woman" she said crying more. I handed her the napkins and started to run circles on her back. "You can still have children and get married"

"Why? What is the point? I wouldn't love my husband and I wouldn't raise a baby with someone I loved. Not to mention that baby wouldn't be theirs." She wipes her tears. She wanted a family.....being lesbian would not let her have what she wanted. "I want to be with a woman, but if I do, I would have a chance to be arrested , it's a miserable life" she said sadly. All the drinking and sex with those women......she just needed something to fill the void in her heart.

"I will take you home" I said softly. The drive home made me miserable, hearing her cry about not being able to have a family really hurt me a lot. I had not thought about it either, but now I realized that the same fate awaited me. Her and I could never really live together let alone be together. I was dreaming for a future I couldn't have.

Once we arrived at her house, I pulled into her drive way and lifted her out of the passenger seat so that I could carry her inside. I grabbed the keys out of her pocket and opened the door slowly so I would not drop her on the floor. I pulled her inside but she had started to get heavy in my arms. She had passed out from the alcohol. "Why are you so heavy? You are thin" I said shocked. I tried to lift her up but it was no use, I had dropped her on the floor. I looked around to see if anyone was watching and started to drag her more inside so that I could close the door and lock it behind me.

"I hope no one thinks I'm a murderer" I breathed out. I couldn't lift her up so I started to drag her towards her room. How did she manage to stay asleep through this whole thing? I was not sure whatsoever. I continued to drag her all the way into the room, turning the lights on as I entered out of breath. "You owe me big time" I said breathing out. I then did my best to lift her on the bed.....until she slipped off. "I-..... I swear to hell that you owe me"

I then tried pulling her up again, and to my surprise, I was able to successfully pull her on the bed. I then took off her boots and sweater. I had no idea why she wore a sweater in April but oh well. I quickly ran to the bathroom to grab a towel with water so that I could take off her makeup. I did not want her to go to bed looking a mess and getting her pillows dirty. I looked at her face as I wiped it and I felt warm on the inside. She was stunning of course, but how did she always manage to make me see the best in her even if she made bad decisions.

I went to her wardrobe to find her suitable clothes to wear for sleeping. I looked to the pajamas and to her and wondered if it was a good idea to change her clothes. "Well....it is not like I'm taking off her under clothes" I said out loud. I shrugged my shoulders and began to nervously undress her, started with her shirt. "God I hope you don't wake up, this would be awkward to explain" I laughed looking to her. I doubt she would wake up anytime soon though, she was out like a light.

Once I finished changing her, I was super tired and needed to rest. I sat on her bed and took my shoes off, along with my top and skirt, leaving me with only my panties and silk under shirt. "I'm sure you won't mind if I took a quick nap" I laughed getting into the covers. I was too tired to drive at night or go to the living room. Yup, I will wake up in thirty minutes and head back home before she wakes up. I closed my eyes a little and everything felt warm.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thanks for reading so far 💖