Intentions

"Your wounds are not that fatal so, it'll be okay. Just clean it up tomorrow to avoid any infections. Uh, I'll be in the kitchen to prepare our dinner so, feel at home?"

Konan offered a smile as she look at Sais sitting stifly in the living room. She had persuaded him to let her take him home to tend his wounds. It might not be as fatal as it is, she still wanted to help him in all possible ways. She can't find in her heart to let him go knowing he's wounded. Sais just nodded and never said a word. Konan silently went to the kitchen and started to prepare the ingredients needed. As she was washing her hands, Obi went to the kitchen.

"Miss Konan? Is Mister Tobi out? I haven't seen him here. "

"Ah yes. He had texted me he won't he home for two days. It's an emergency in his work. "

"Oh... "

"Why Obi? You'll miss Tobi, don't you?" Konan smile as Obi's face turn red. Those two sure gotten close for a short period of time.

"Uh... I just...-"

"He'll miss you too Obi. "

Looking around, Yahiko find the place he's currently in homey. The place is not that spacious but it certainly gives off that comforting and welcoming vibes. As he sit in the couch alone, his mind wonders to the violet haired woman and the boy he just save a while ago. Observing the place, they are just normal citizens. Nothing shows off any hints of them being a shinobi- still he needs to be cautious.

He make his way to the kitchen and a heartwarming scene displayed right before him.

The woman ruffled the boy's black mane as he tried to reach the plate in the woman's hand that is held up high. Grunting, his face contorted into an annoyed with his eyebrows meet and lips pouted.

"Come on! Miss Konan! I can do this!"

Konan? So... That's her name...

The woman, or Konan as the boy called her shake her head.

"No, Obi. You can set the table, sure, but cooking? I'll be the one to do that. So, go ahead and set the table, you can offer Sais a warm tea afterwards."

"But-"

"No buts. Now go. "

Still pouting, Obi obeyed and stop the attempt to get his hands on the food. He stop dead on his tracks as he noticed the man in the kitchen door. He still got his ballcap which was kind of hindrance to see his whole face. An orange hair and piercings, a lot of them. Concluded Obi as he gaze at the estranged man. Obi look up for the man was tall. He can make out some piercings even in his arms and neck.

Is he some kind of... addict? Obi thought.

"What are you waiting for, set up-"

Konan's voice cut off as she noticed the man in the kitchen door. She can feel the man's stares through his ballcap. She can feel her heart pick its pace. Something's off with him, but... in a good way.

"Oh... Do you want something Sais? I haven't finished preparing the dinner yet. " She said smoothly despite her nervousness.

"Nothing. I just think... I can lend a hand here in the kitchen. " Came his baritone voice. It held such soothing feeling, like it caresses her ears as he spoke.

"Uh you don't need to do that. You're a visitor. Besides, we can manage here. But thank you for the offer. Uh, you can have some tea if you like. Wait I'll-"

"No. I can manage. Thank you. "

"Err. I can help you instead, Mr? I'm Obi. "

The two adults look at Obi who's at lost for a moment. He's smiling awkwardly while looking at Sais. Both dragged their gazes away and ended up looking at each other. Orange irises stared at the hazelnut ones. For a moment, they are lost in each other's eyes. Through the cap, Yahiko could clearly see Konan's face. A beautiful woman with that soft eyes looking up at him. He can feel the loud beatings of his heart as he had this time of gazing the beautiful woman across him. He wouldn't know what could have happened if he wasn't there.