Reverie

"Get out of the way! You're just a nuisance here in my store girl! Shoo! Go away! "

"But please, have mercy on me. I'm hungry. Could you at least spare me a little food for my small stomach? "

She clasped her hands together and showed her a teary eyed look. She even bowed her head and held her clasped hands in her heart. To add another dramatic stance, she sobbed that got some onlookers to look at their way.

I smirk at her splendid act. Now, I must do my part swiftly as possible. It'll be a shame if we'll be busted because of me. Hiding in the biggest box, I crawled under the table and stuck my hand out to touch whatever is above the table I am hiding. Everything is wet, kinda slimy and huge. Going further left, I felt another chunk of those wet and slimy things, but more in a small cut outs.

This is it! I thought as adrenaline rushes through my system. I grabbed the cut outs as many as possible. I didn't waste time and take all the things I've got in my hands inside the plastic bag. Another after another, I stashed everything in the bag until it got full. I smile triumphantly and silently crawled back to the huge box. Clutching the bag tighter, I throw some stones under until it reach her feet. She's still on that act. Bowing and crying loudly as she beg for the woman to give her some food. I throw another stone until it poke her head, stopping her from her antics. She look around, with her head still low, until her eyes found mine. I smiled at her and nodded my head to remind her what to do next.

I immediately went to our rendezvous point like what we had agreed. Inhaling, I waited for her until behind the abandoned building. Clutching the bag tightly, I conceal myself and submerged in the darkness of the building. The building was in ruins, barely standing out here as its pillars were still intact. The roof, windows and other parts of the building was destroyed.

Where is she? I thought as another minute pass without her coming in yet. My heart beat wildly as inappropriate thoughts flooded my mind.

What if? What if she's caught? Or worst, caught up with something along the way? The war was far from over. There arr still shinobis out there, fighting in the far northern part of this place. I gritted my teeth and decided to go out and find her.

After I secured the food in the cabinet I've found inside the building, I went back to the market to find her. Not a minute after, I saw her running figure towards me. Her violet hair shine as sunshine hit her. This is one of the rare days where there is no rain.

I stop on my tracks as I steady my breathings.

"What took you so long?! " I can't help the edge of my voice which echoed in the place. Her smiling face then turned to shocked and hurt.

"I'm sorry-"

"I'm sorry"

We said in unison that made her chuckle. I bit my lower lip and smiled at her apologetically. I rubbed my nape in shame with my blunt actions earlier.

"I'm sorry if I raised my voice. I... was wondering why you weren't in the building yet. "

"No, it's okay Yahiko. I just got surprise from your outburst, that's all. You see-"

"No it's not okay! I'm truly sorry. I'm... worried! Worried sick on what might have happened with you! "

I said as I inevitably wrapped my arms around her. I held her close to me, hugging her tighter than I intended. I felt her stiffened and I got my senses back. I unwrapped my arms around her and stand back. I awkwardly stand around with my eyes darting from all directions except her. Heat spread throughout my face even in my neck.