Chapter 8: Sweet Dreams

*Song: What Makes You Beautiful by One Direction*

After a while of Harry and I laying on the ground we decide to move into the kitchen so I can make pizza rolls for the movie. I decided I'll play music for background noise. I hit shuffle on Spotify.

 "You're insecure. Don't know what for. You're turning heads when you walk through the door. Don't need make-up to cover up. Being the way that you are is enough."

Well this is convenient, I'm standing next to Harry Styles and what starts playing? What Makes You Beautiful. I move to my phone to skip the song.

"Excuse me Leah, were you just going to skip this song?" he asks, pretending to be offended.

"No, never," I say, turning to face him.

"Really, because it looks like you were? What happened to 'I'm not obsessed with you'?" he questions, laughing.

"I just came on my Spotify, Harry. I am not obsessed," I say, laughing.

"Yet," he mumbles.

"What?" I question, squinting at him.

"You're not obsessed with me, yet," he replies.

"Let me just make pizza rolls in peace," I plead, blushing, causing him to laugh.

I see him hop up on the counter out of the corner of my eye, now sitting in the counter next to where I am standing. He keeps looking at me, why? I finally gathered up enough courage to make eye contact with him.

"What are you staring at Harry?" I ask, smirking.

"You," he replies, blushing.

"And why are you doing that?" I question

"Because you're beautiful," he mumbles nervously, causing me to smile and shake my head.

"What? Why are you shaking your head?" he asks, getting off the counter, coming closer to me.

"No one has ever told me that before," I explain, looking at the floor.

"Oh, well they should because you are. Don't ever think that you aren't," he states, grabbing my face forcing me to look at him.

I finish making the pizza rolls and we move to the living room. My stomach still has butterflies from when he told me I was beautiful and I swear my cheeks are still red. The only one that ever used to tell me I was beautiful was my mother. Not even my ex boyfriend called me beautiful, as messed up as that sounds. And then he just grabs my face, like holy crap. What is he doing? I could've passed out on the spot. No one has ever done that to me before. It's like he wanted to make sure his message was clear, he wanted to make sure I understood so he forced me to make eye contact with him.

I open the DVD player and stick the movie in.

"So, are you ready to see the best movie of all time?" I ask enthusiastically, going to sit on the couch next to him.

"I thought we watched it earlier," he replies causing me to fake gasp.

"No, no we didn't. That was the saddest thing I have ever seen in all my twenty three years," I state.

Harry's POV:

The second the movie comes on her eyes are glued to the screen, like she's never seen it before. She is so beautiful. I can't believe no one has ever told her that before. I can't believe I said it to her. I mean I'm glad I did knowing what I know now but we are supposed to be friends for right now. Do friends usually tell their friends that they are beautiful?

After fifteen minutes of her eyes being glued to the TV she finally looks at me.

"Harry are you gonna try a pizza roll?" she asks.

"Well I was gonna but you haven't eaten one yet so how do I know they are not poisoned?" I question, causing her to take a pizza roll from the plate and shove the whole thing into her mouth.

She finally finishes chewing, "See, not poisoned,"

I knew they weren't poisoned, I was just joking. I decide to put a pizza roll in my mouth. They are good but I decide I want to mess with her.

"So?" she questions looking at me.

"I don't like them," I state, causing her to throw her head back in defeat, resting her hand over her eyes.

"Are you kidding me Harry?" she mutters.

"Yes, they are good, not my favorite, but they are good," I admit.

She takes her hand off her eyes, "Well that's better than you not liking them,"

We continue to watch the movie. Based on the two movies I have watched with Leah, I've noticed that I watch her more than the movie. I like to see her reactions to things. The way she sings to the songs without a care in the world. She knows all the words and I barely know any but I don't care, I still try to sing with her. The way she giggles when I mess up the lyrics. Her laugh is one of the best things I've ever heard, music to my ears.

I notice we begin to reach the end of the movie, her face still glued to the screen,  and I am honestly not ready for it to be over. I feel like once the movie is over it's back to reality, I mean I'll see her tomorrow but not for as long as today because I'll need to get on a plane to go to Vancouver. Being with her has made me completely forget about everything I have going on, my concert, my music, the stress of constantly being spotted by paparazzi. I feel like I have been inclosed into a bubble, protecting me from all the stressful parts of my life. I hope I am doing the same for her. The movie is finally over and she immediately starts asking me how I thought the movie was and what my favorite part was.

"So isn't it the best movie of all time?" She questions.

"Yes Leah, Beauty and the Beast is the best movie of all time," I admit. I'm not going to tell her that the real reason I said that was because I was watching her throughout the movie though. That seems a bit stalkerish.

I look at the clock and it's much later than I expected, two o'clock in the morning.

"Leah, you are a bad influence," I state.

"What do you mean?" she asks furrowing her eyebrows.

"It's already two o'clock in the morning and I still have to drive back to the hotel," I explain.

"Well you could stay here... on the couch obviously because I know how tired you must be. Only if you want though, I won't be offended if you say no," she says nervously, picking at her chipped pink nail polish.

"Okay, only if that's okay with you," I state, equally as nervous. Why am I getting nervous?

"Of course, I'll go get you pillows and blankets," she says, getting up from her spot next to me on the couch.

I can't believe I am sleeping at her house. I don't know why I am making such a big deal about this. I stay at friends houses all the time. I mean I kinda just met her but this is different. I feel like we have bonded so much. I feel like I've known her forever.

She comes back to the living room with pillows and blankets stacked so high I couldn't even see her face.

"Here you go, make yourself at home. Feel free to take anything from the fridge and the remote is right there if you want to watch TV," she states, staring at the floor.

"Okay, goodnight Leah, sweet dreams" I say.

"Goodnight Harry," she says, making eye contact with me.

I see her make her way towards her bedroom.

"Wait Leah!" I shout.

"Yeah?" she replies.

"Thank you," I say.

"No, problem!" she shouts entering her bedroom.