Chapter 51: On Top Of The World

*Song: Give Me Love by George Harrison*

Author's Note: Okay, don't get mad at me for not including any details. I'm literally a child.

~

~

~

"You and Harry did what?" Olive screams as we sit at the table in the Mexican restaurant.

"Olive, shh. Why are you yelling? I don't need everyone knowing my business," I say, laughing.

"Last night?" she questions, bringing her voice down a bit.

"Yes, last night," I say, blushing.

"I thought this day would never come. I'm happy for you guys. Aren't you happy for Leah? Finally taking her relationship to the next level," Olive says, nudging Kenna with her elbow. Kenna looks at me in utter shock, like she never thought this would happen. Harry and I's six month anniversary is coming up in a couple of days. And we both love each other so I think it was bound to happen at some point. But we were very responsible about it. We had this long conversation beforehand to make sure both of us were ready. Harry was very sweet about the whole thing. Then after we went to get ice cream.

"Yeah, I'm so happy for you Leah," Kenna says, unconvincingly. "Oh my God!" she then shouts as I take my card out of the book that the waiter set on the counter.

"What?" I question.

"Isn't that his ring?" she asks.

"Yeah, he gave it to me," I say, looking down at it, smiling.

"You two are literally perfect," she mumbles.

"They are and it disgusts me," Olive says.

"What? Why?" I say, laughing.

"I need some toxicity to keep it entertaining. Like don't you ever just want to get into a fight with him. Trust me make up sex is the best," she explains.

"No I don't want to get into a fight, that's the worst thing that could possibly happen. I don't like conflict but I'll take your word for it," I say as we all get out of the booth.

We all walk out of the restaurant, say our goodbyes, and get into our cars. I hit shuffle on my playlist and pull out of the parking spot.

"Give me love. Give me love. Give me peace on earth. Give me light. Give me life. Keep me free from birth. Give me hope. Help me cope with this heavy load. Trying to touch and reach you with heart and soul."

Jackie gave me today off so I get to go home now. I know Harry had a few meetings with Jeffery over Facetime so I have to be quiet when I go into the apartment. I plan on drawing, something I feel like I haven't done in ages even though it's only probably been a week.

I pull into my parking spot in front of my apartment building and go up the stairs, opening the door. Harry is sat at the counter talking on the phone. He looks up at me and smiles, I smile back. I walk past him into my room, putting my purse on the hook. I decide to change into one of Harry's shirts and sweatpants so I can be more comfortable. I then go to my art studio and sit at my desk in front of a blank piece of white paper, surrounded by all different types of pencils.

I look around the room for maybe some sort of inspiration. I spot one of my many mason jars with sunflowers in it. Maybe I'll draw that and then paint it with some water colors. It's very simple but I'm not looking to get into some elaborate project. I begin to sketch out the jar, drawing the sunflowers inside of it. I hear the door open, Harry walking through it. He walks over to me and kisses me on the forehead. He then pulls over a chair without saying a word, something he does often. He always watches me draw. He says he loves it and that it's interesting watching me do something that he can't do.