Chapter 39: Painted Nails

*Song: I Want by One Direction*

One Month Later

"Do we have everything?" he asks, getting into the passenger seat.

"Yeah, I think so," I say, taking the car out of park and pulling out of the parking spot.

"I don't understand why you get to drive. I wanted to drive," he whines.

"Well I'm taking home to Boston and I would assume you don't know the way there," I say, grabbing his hand like he always grabs mine.

"I could've figured it out, that's what Google Maps is for," he pouts.

"Just stop whining and put some music on, would you?" I say, giggling.

"So where are we going first?" he asks, looking at me.

"It's a surprise," I say, mimicking his accent.

"Oh come on," he mutters.

"A little anxious are you?" I tease.

"No, I just didn't realize how annoying surprises are. I never really get them, my life is always planned out like months ahead," he says.

"Well buckle up. This trip is full of surprises," I say as he turns on music, One Direction specifically. I look over at him, smiling.

"I like to listen to it sometimes. Brings me back if you know what I mean?" he says, smiling.

"Sure, I definitely know what you mean," I joke, causing him to laugh.

"Give you this, give you that. Blow a kiss, take it back. If I looked inside your brain. I would find lots of things. Clothes, shoes, diamond rings. Stuff that's driving me insane."

"You could be preoccupied. Different date, every night. You just got to say the word. But you're not into them at all. You just want materials. I should know because I've heard. When girls say, I want, I want, I want, but that's crazy. I want, I want, I want, and that's not me. I want, I want, I want, to be loved by you." I sing, looking at the road, Harry is just looking over at me smiling.

"I mean don't get me wrong, your music is genius but I'm not obsessed," he mumbles, smiling.

"Oh my God, you're never going to let me live that one down are you?" I ask, laughing.

"No, not until you admit that you're obsessed with me," he says as he twists the one ring I have on my middle finger. He has so many rings and they are all different. I only have one, it used to be my mother's. "Because I'm going to tell you right now, I'm completely, utterly obsessed with you."

"Maybe I'm obsessed with you, maybe I'm not. I guess we'll never know," I say as he looks down at my hand, moving from my ring to my chipped light pink nail polish.

"You should let me paint your nails at some point," he says.

"What color would you paint them?" I ask.

"I don't know, something pretty," he states.

"Well I have nail polish at my house. So you can look at colors when we get there if you want," I offer and he nods. He moves back to my ring.

"I've always noticed you've had this ring but I never really looked at it. It's very pretty, very you," he says.

 It's very pretty, very you," he says