Bakugo

(This chapter is in bakugo's perspective.)

     School had just ended last week, and after a full day of training I decided to head home. My parents are out on a business trip together which leaves our home empty and boring. I unlock the front door and throw my bag on the couch. I get a text from Kirishima. "Yo, there's a concert going on tonight, in the downtown rec center. Denki and sero are coming too. It's at 9:00." I respond quickly. "Sure, see you there." I take a quick shower and dry off, laying across my bed.

     I open messages to see another text from deku. "Hey kacchan, how have you been?" I ignore it. After our sophomore year, it has been difficult trying to get rid of him. His smile, his laugh, his ass. These thoughts that I shouldn't be having circulate my mind.

I toss my phone aside and rest the back of my hand on my forehead. Shit, why him of all people? Why the one person I'm supposed to hate? I look up at the clock. 30 minutes until 9:00. I put on a black shirt and jean shorts. I text Kirashima . " I'm heading that way."

I take the bus downtown and when I reach the rec center, the music can be heard from outside. I see Kirashima and the others standing outside of the venue waving for me to meet them.

I watch the bus drive away and stand in line with them. Denki goes on about some girl he saw earlier and sero makes fun of him for it. "You good?" Sero asks. I nod and wait for the line to move forward.

I hear a familiar voice from behind me. I freeze. I glance back to see his green hair sticking out at the back of the line. He's laughing at something Uraraka said. I elbow Kirashima. "Did you know Deku was going to be here?" Kirashimas looks back and shrugs. "Nah, but it's cool though right? We can all hang out." I bite my lip and look away. Shit.

      By the time we get in the show is about to start. I try to find someone with drinks. "Looking for this?" Denki pulls out a flask of brandy. "Thanks." I grab it and chug down the first half.

Uraraka and Deku make it in and wave at us. I try to keep eye contact with the floor, but as he walks away I can only watch and stare.

The bands come out, playing a song I've never heard, annoying. Everyone dances and I don't move. "Hey." I look down beside me to see him. The one person I really shouldn't be around right now. "You've been ignoring my texts." Old me would have brushed him off or started yelling, but recently I can't find it in me to push him away.

"Yea." Is all I can say. I stare at the stage, hoping he leaves. "Is something wrong?" He asks after a few seconds. "Nothing at all." I shove my hands into my pockets and grip hard at the fabric. Please, leave.  "Bakugo." My eyes shoot at him. This is his first time calling me that, and I hate it. I grab his wrist and wrench him forward. "Don't call me that."

( things are getting good;)