three.

Phil, Tony, and Alyssa walked down the hall to the meeting room to hear Banner say

"I think it's about the mechanics. Iridium, what did they need the Iridium for?"

"It's a stabilizing agent which means the portal won't collapse on itself, like it did at SHIELD. " Alyssa answered perkily feeling Steve's eyes instantly land on hers. She smiled at him and took a seat next to him as Tony and Phil finished their conversation.

" No hard feelings, Point Break. You've got a mean swing." Tony spoke to Thor who she hadn't met yet.

"Alyssa-Rose and that's Tony." she waved to the man.

"Thor." he nodded back with a small grin.

"Also, it means the portal can open as wide, and stay open as long, as Loki wants." Tony continued. "The rest of the raw materials, Agent Barton can get his hands on pretty easily. Only major component he still needs is a power source. A high energy density, something to kick start the cube." Tony says while discretely placing a hacking implant under Fury's desk.

"When did you become an expert in thermonuclear astrophysics?" Agent Hill asked Tony.

"Last night. The packet, Selvig's notes, the Extraction Theory papers. Am I the only one who did the reading?" Tony said to the team in front of him.

"Does Loki need any particular kind of power source?" Steve asked.

"He's got to heat the cube to a hundred and twenty million Kelvin just to break through the Coulomb barrier." Alyssa said standing up.

"Unless, Selvig has figured out how to stabilize the quantum tunneling effect" Tony added in.

"Well, if he could do that he could achieve Heavy Ion Fusion at any reactor on the planet." Banner finished, Tony and Alyssa walking towards the man.

"Finally, someone else besides my sister who speaks English." Tony said.

"Is that what just happened?" Steve questioned confused.

"It's good to meet you, Dr. Banner." Tony shook his hand.

"You're work on anti-electron collisions is unparalleled. It inspired Tony and I to even undergo our own study at one point." Alyssa swooned but regained herself once she heard Steve cleared his throat loudly.

" And I'm a huge fan of the way you lose control and turn into an enormous green rage monster." Tony finished earning a foot stomp from his sister.

"Thanks" Bruce looked away awkwardly.

"Dr. Banner is only here to track the cube. I was hoping you two might join him." Fury said walking in.

"Let's start with that stick of his. It may be magical, but it works an awful lot like a HYDRA weapon." Steve turned towards the three behind him.

"I don't know about that, but it is powered by the cube. And I'd like to know how Loki used it to turn two of the sharpest men I know into his personal flying monkeys." Fury questioned.

"Monkeys? I do not understand." Thor said confused from the reference.

" I do! I understood that reference." Tony rolls his eyes, while Steve looks proud of himself.

"Shall we play, doctor?" Tony turns to Banner while putting an arm around Alyssa.

"Let's play some." the three walked out.

About 20 minutes in to working, Alyssa was getting hungry. She walked out of the lab and walked to the cafeteria to see Steve eating alone. She looked around before grabbing her food and standing next to him.

"This seat taken?" she smiled to him. He gestured for her to sit down. "So how you doing?" she asked nudging him slightly.

"It's really taking some getting used to but I'm working on it" he nodded looking around.

"So what were the 40's like?" Alyssa questioned curiously biting her sandwich.

"Different, your dad never told you about early life." Steve asked.

"My parents died when I was three, you have to ask Tony that stuff." Alyssa said awkwardly.

"I'm sorry. I knew your dad back then. He was a good man." Steve said as Alyssa just kept eating.

"Tony and Rhodey raised me, but I do remember my dad used to tell Tony and I how he helped create America's super soldier." Alyssa spoke sparkling her fingers to his face making him laugh.

"Your brother, is he always like that?" Steve questioned.

"Tony just doesn't trust people, you just gotta let him warm up to you" Alyssa said standing up and throwing out her trash. "Thanks for keeping me company Cap." she smiled before she felt a hand stop her arm.

"Wait!" Steve noticed his hand and blushed before dropping it to his side and standing up.

"Anything else I can help you with?" Alyssa questioned innocently.

"I'd like to take you up on that offer" Steve started. "After all this is over. We could go somewhere and help bring me up to speed." Steve stammered nervously making the girl giggle.

"You mean like a date?" she turned her head a little.

"Whatever you want it to be." he smiled leaning on the table.

"I think I want it to be a date." she winked before walking off leaving Steve mesmerized back to the lab.