nine.

"Do you really think this is going to work?" Alyssa asked Steve as they waited on the roof for Sam to confront Jasper Sitwell

"It has to or were just at another dead end." Steve looked over to see Jasper come up the stairs. His face turned stone and he grabbed the man by his collar throwing him to the ground.

"Tell me about Zola's algorithm." Steve spoke in his Captain voice.

"Never heard of it."

"What were you doing on the Lemurian Star?" Steve barked another question.

"I was throwing up, I get seasick." Jasper said sarcastically. Steve forcefully picked him pushing him to edge of the roof as Alyssa followed in pursuit.

"Is this little display meant to insinuate that you're gonna throw me off the roof? Because it's really not your style, Rogers." Jasper challenge Steve.

"You're right. It's not. It's hers." Steve stepped aside as Alyssa lifted her hand blasting him off the roof hearing his screams.

"You know what we never went on that date?" Alyssa said making small talk.

"No we didn't, I was thinking about a restaurant in DC or just staying in."

"We should try that place that Nat said about the meat." Alyssa said before Sam, the Falcon, used his wings to fly Jasper back to the roof. Sam dropped the man on the roof as he landed smoothly to the ground. Alyssa and Steve walked towards the man watching him cower in fear.

"Zola's algorithm is a program...for choosing Insight's targets!" he said blocking his face.

"What targets?" Steve asked with a hard face.

"You! Her! A TV anchor in Cairo, the Undersecretary of Defense, a high school valedictorian in Iowa city. Bruce Banner, Stephen Strange, anyone who's a threat to HYDRA! Now, or in the future." the man said scrambling himself together.

"The Future? How could it know?" Jasper laughed at Steve's comment.

"How could it not? The 21st century is a digital book. Zola taught HYDRA how to read it." Steve and Alyssa looked at each other confused, "Your bank records, medical histories, voting patterns, e-mails, phone calls, your damn SAT scores. Zola's algorithm evaluates people's past to predict their future."

"And what then?" Steve asked.

"Oh, my God. Pierce is gonna kill me. I have to hit the button." Jasper said getting nervous.

"What then?!" Steve questioned back.

"Then the Insight Helicarriers scratch people off the list. A few million at a time." Jasper finished. Steve forcefully picked Jasper and walked him to Sam's car. Nat stood there waiting.

"Don't tell me I missed all the fun?"  Nat asked embracing her friend in a hug.

"Just a little we'll fill you in" Steve said as they entered the car.

~

"HYDRA doesn't like leaks." Jasper spoke as the foot glared at him.

"So why don't you try sticking a cork in it." Sam said annoyed.

"Insight's launching in sixteen hours, we're cutting it a little bit close here." Alyssa said.

"I know. We'll use him to bypass the DNA scans and access the Helicarriers directly." Steve replied.

"What?! Are you crazy? That is a terrible, terrible idea." Jasper exclaimed.

Suddenly the Winter Soldier lands on the car roof and pulls Sitwell out through the window throwing him into the oncoming traffic, killing him, he then starts shooting at them until Steve pulls the break handle making the Winter Soldier drop down onto the street, as another car smashes into the fours car and pushes them along, the Winter Soldier jumps back onto their car, smashes through the windscreen and pulls out the steering wheel.

"Shit!" Sam yelled no longer in control of the car.

Natasha started shooting at him but the Winter Soldier jumps onto the vehicle behind them, as the trio's car is being pulled off the road Steve holds on to the car door.

"Hang on!"

He breaks open the door, holding onto Alyssa, Natasha and Sam, they slide on the car door through the street. The Winter Soldier is soon joined by HYDRA agents and they start shooting at them, the group scatter and run off in different directions.

Alyssa ran towards two men in HYDRA suits blasting them out of her way but was stopped by a man in a suit with a small grey control switch in his hand

Alyssa ran towards two men in HYDRA suits blasting them out of her way but was stopped by a man in a suit with a small grey control switch in his hand. It was the man from her dream.

"What is that?" Alyssa asked still ready for combat.

"This is a activator and a detonator. There's been a small bomb in your brain since you were maybe four years old." the man said calmly.

"You put it in there." Alyssa questioned through gritted teeth, the floor shaking around her.

"I mean you were too young to do the shock therapy and this route just seemed easier." the man spoke to her getting closer. "Alyssa-Rose Stark. I made you. I think it's time we use you." he pushed the button and Alyssa fell to the ground in pain. After a few seconds she robotically and mindlessly stood up.

"Ready to comply." Alyssa nodded her head.

"Assist the Winter Soldier on his mission." The man spoke before  getting in his car and driving off.

"Yes sir." Alyssa said mindlessly walking off.