four.

Steve listened to the music as he cautiously enters his apartment though the window

Steve listened to the music as he cautiously enters his apartment though the window. Alyssa stayed outside the apartment waiting for a notice from Steve. He instinctively picks up his shield and finds Fury sitting on his couch in the dark.

"I don't remember giving you a key." Steve said to a sitting Fury.

"You really think I'd need one? My wife kicked me out."

"Didn't know you were married." Steve retorted still a little angry.

"A lot of things you don't about me."

"I know, Nick. That's the problem." Steve said taking him Fury's injuries but he indicates him to be quiet.

"Ears Everywhere"

"I'm sorry to have to do this, but I had no place else to crash."

"SHIELD compromised"

"Who else knows about your wife?" Steve asked.

"You and Me"

"Just...my friends."

"Is that what we are?" Steve shook his head.

"That's up to you." Nick said. Suddenly Fury is shot three times from through the wall and collapses, Steve looks out the window for the shooter then he quickly drags Fury to the next room, Alyssa opening the door to see the sight before her.

"Don't...trust anyone." Fury says before passing out.

"What just happened?" Alyssa slightly caressed Fury's face assessing his wounds. Steve heard the door open and looked up to see their neighbor Kate holding up a gun.

"Captain Rogers?" she questioned getting closer. "Captain, I'm Agent 13 of SHIELD Special Service. I'm assigned to protect you."

"On who's orders?" Steve retorted once again pushing Alyssa behind him.

"His." Kate kneels down to Fury before calling for back up, "Foxtrot is down, he's unresponsive. I need EMTs."

"Do you have a twenty on the shooter?" a Agent asked through the phone. At that moment Alyssa and Steve noticed the shooter.

"Tell him I'm in pursuit." Steve said taking off, Alyssa running right behind him.

"Hey. Hey. Stay here." Steve said stopping his girlfriend from following him.

"Like hell I am." she said before following in pursuit of the shooter.

Steve smashed through his window and ran after the assassin, Steve chased him through an office building smashing through the walls. Alyssa used the fire escape steps and made it to the roof to be met with Steve and the shooter. Steve through his shield at the assassin, but he caught it with one swift move, then throws it back to Steve. Alyssa blasted the man but blocked the energy wave before jumping down the building and disappearing.

Something about the man seemed oddly familiar to her. She felt light headed and blood trickling down her face. Her eyes looked a deep black. Her feet gave out from underneath her. This had never happened before. She had never felt so weak after using her powers.

"Doll?" Steve called out before her vision went blurry and everything went dark.

~

Alyssa woke up confused of her surroundings

Alyssa woke up confused of her surroundings. Steve sat beside her and she slightly turned her head to look at him. He grinned at the sight of his girlfriend finally awake.

"Hey Doll."

"Steve, what happened? Where's Fury" Alyssa said attempting to sit up straight.

"Just get some rest. We can talk about that later." Steve stood as the doctor walked in.

"Their doesn't seem to be anything wrong with her, so I cannot give a medical reason for her passing out." the doctor spoke to the two.

"Her nose was bleeding and her eyes turned black for a second. Could that be from her abilities?" Steve asked the doctor.

"I really wouldn't know Captain, but there's no reason to hold her here." the doctor said before walking out.

Alyssa didn't like not being in the known and it gave her bad anxiety. She got up and started changing, Steve watching her quietly.

"I think I knew the assassin." Alyssa said slipping on her jeans. She faced Steve who looked at her confused.

"Why would you think that?"

"I don't know. He just seemed so familiar." Alyssa said turning towards her boyfriend who looked at her worried.

"You know I love you right?" Steve stood up hugging his girlfriend and gently kissing her head.

"I love you too." she held him tighter.

"I trust you." he said hugging her tightly while applying light kisses to her head.

"Where's Fury?" Alyssa asked oblivious to anything that happened before she passed out.

"He's dead." Alyssa's eyes widened at the news shocked shaking her head.