●Chapter:11●

Hermione's POV

"Draco", I said alerting my boyfriend, "do-do you know about the ring?"

Hours earlier, after both me and Draco woke up from our sleep and ate lunch in the Great Hall.

After this he decided to escort me to ROR and stay with me as I read . I then found the Genealogy book on the highest shelf and began to peruse it from the start again to find the mea semper ring piece.

But something wasn't right about the piece. It ended exactly where I stopped reading. That didn't make sense.

Draco was all the while laying down on the couch but with his head in my lap.

"What?",he asked. "Draco, do you know about the ring?", I ask again.

"What ring?", he asked. He seems slightly nervous and hesitant. He grew stiff in my arms as I stop stroking his hair.

"Draco", I called out, my voice slightly lowered. "The Mea Semper ring."

"How did you possibly find out about it ", he asks lifting his head and boring his eyes straight into mine.

"It was in the book wasn't it?",he asked in reference to the Genealogy book beside me. I nodded.

"I had a feeling you may have stumbled upon it. So I hid it and began Fidelius charm with the book but I was interrupted midway and so I am how the Secret Keeper of this information.", he said.

"Why did the words end at the point where I ended reading?", I asked him because the spell when cast properly would ensure that the words were completely invisible and that those who already about the ring would lose that memory.

"My spell was only half way successful so I guess that to you,since that was all you read, that is all you will see but me and probably the others who know will see everything.

Basically my halfway done Fidelius charm wasn't strong enough to erase the memory of everyone who knew it before but I wonder if they are still able to speak about it. Probably not but I'll have to find out about that one.",he said.

I looked at him square in the eyes and asked,"Why? Why go through all that trouble for just a littlething such as the ring? I mean I know it's supposed to be Death himself but what's its implication on anything?", I asked him.

I didn't really see the point of all this. He grabbed me by the shoulders and said,"Nothing,absolutely nothing is like what it seems to be in the Wizarding World. I think it's time you read the continuation of that text.",he said exhaling deeply.

"Hand me the book,Hermione",he said.

I did so and he began to read from where I ended.

"-which has been cooled in the River Lethe and has the Deathly Hallows sign in gold in the middle. Decorated on each side of the centre are two gems. An emerald and ruby on the right, representing the water and fire elements respectively, and a sapphire and opal on the left which represented air and earth.

The ring is passed onto a member of the pureblood wizarding family and when the family is no more pure, the ring is given to another family chosen by Death's Wizard Supreme which was, before he died, Professor Armado Dippet, a former headmaster of Hogwarts.

The ring has remained with the Malfoy family for about seven hundred years. The ring is",Draco visibly paled and his eyes looked over the words frantically and then he turned to me.

"Hermione after reading this. Can you promise that you will still love and trust me." , he asked me imploringly. I saw how important my word was to him in that moment and so I wasted no time in answering, "Always".

All I ever wanted for him to do was to show me all his skeletons to me because I trusted him more than anyone in the castle and I wanted that to be the same with him.

I wanted him to trust me ad much I did him.

"Ok.", he took a deep breath and continued, "The ring is currently in the possession of Draco Malfoy and it was Narcissa Black who passed it onto him after her husband, Lucious Malfoy was taken to Azkaban.

Whoever possesses the ring is forever more branded with a tattoo of the third eye (A/N: As seen on the cover of this book). This tattoo makes past possissors aware of the fact that it has been passed on to another family or the possessor has been bonded with his/her mate.

And for present possessors, aware that they have been bonded with their mate.

Being bonded is a bit uncomfortable not painful but know this; branding only occurs when the possessor tell his/her always everything."

"I know everything now, you should have been branded by now right? Or is it that I'm not", I faltered.

"No,it's not that", he said moving closer to me. "You know everything except the inscription.", he cupping my cheek.

"What inscription.",I asked.

"The secret inscription written on the inside of the ring."

A/N:
This was definitely  a fun chapter to write.
Things are heating up at Hogwarts.
Do you think Draco will tell Hermione everything?
Comment your answer down below.
Also don't forget to:
Vote and Follow me.
I follow everyone back.
Stay beautiful.

~Camilla❤