●Chapter:13●

Hermione's POV

I woke up refreshed and feeling way better.

I went down to the Great Hall for dinner where I met up with the others at the Gryffindor table.

I thought Draco would advantage of everything that was happening between us and sit with his Slytherin pals but instead he, Pansy, Blaise and Theo all walked over to my table and sat around me.

Draco and Blaise on my left and Pansy and Theo on my right. I ignored Draco.

I knew that I was being petty but I couldn't help it.

Pansy squeezd my arm whilst saying,"At least listen to him. Please."

She then looked at me imploringly. "Fine.", I huffed. I got up and began to walk away.

I looked back and nodded at Draco indicating that he should follow. He let out a watery smile.

I slowed my steps down in order to let him catch up with me.

We walked till we reached the lake. I then sat under our favourite apple tree and waited for him to do same.

Draco's POV

When Hermione asked me to follow her, I was beyond happy. I thought she would never give me a chance to explain myself.

After she sat down by our tree, I sat beside her creating a little distance between us.

"Hermione, I'm sorry.", I began.
Not looking at her but  looking at the moon hovering over the lake as she was doing.

"I didn't explain myself properly. And I guess once you started questioning whether I really love you, I froze. I couldn't believe it Hermione.

I love you so much that it hurts. I'm sorry I wasn't clear with you. I'm sorry I let you question what we have. I'm sorry I'm not good enough for you. I-"

Hermione interrupted me by pressing her lips onto mine.

"You're right about one thing though. You aren't good enough for me. You're perfect and I'm sorry I let you think otherwise.

There are all these thoughts swirling at the back of my mind and when you said you weren't going to tell me, these thoughts pushed their way to the front and I just burst them out.

I'm sorry I didn't think about you. That was so awful of me."

"At least we're here together now", I said in return.

"That's all that matters. Babe, God it feels so good to call you that again, I didn't want to get branded because when you undergo the process you make yourself a human timebomb." She looked at me confused.

"Once I'm branded, we're required to get married in the next six months amd you have to be pregnant two months after else I'll explode. Literally.

I know we aren't ready for marriage and all of that right now. That's why I couldn't tell you.

We'd have had to put all our dreams on hold;School, my Auror training, your Ministry internship, everything. Now do you understand why I couldn't tell you?"

At this point, my hands were gripping her shoulders and I was really close to her face.

"Draco," she said, "I didn't realise that was going to happen if you told me. I'm so stupid. I shouldn't have pressured you like that."

Her right hand caressed my cheek. I made the first move and hugged her saying, "It's okay, everything is alright now."

She hugged me back gripping my shirt tight. "So you really have the ring huh?", she asked with a mischievous grin on her face.

"Yeah.", I said with a laugh. "Can I at least see it? Or me reading the inscription will cause some damage?"

"No, it only works if I say it to you", I answered. "But I'll show it to you later. I couldn't risk bringing it to Hogwarts with me. If you come home with me for the holidays you could see it....." I trailed off wistfully.

I really wanted to go home with her and spend Christmas with her and my mum.

"Of course,Dray", she finally answered.

A/N:
Another chapter done and uploaded!
I'm  so sorry I didn't update last week.
Writer's  block can be a bitch.
So to make up for it, I'm  updating twice today!!!
The next chapter is being uploaded right now and I hope you like it.
Don't  forget to:
Like,
Comment and
Follow me.(I always follow back!)
Also if you want to be part of a Wattpad community, check out a community
created by yours truly alongside three
other wonderful Wattpad writers.
The account is hllc005.
Stay beautiful!

~Camilla ❤