The Day Of The Show

1 Week Later

Brielle Anyea

Me and my mother were packing our last bag. Our flight was scheduled for 5am, it's 12am now so I'm going to try and keep myself entertained because if I go to sleep, there isn't no waking up. So, I'd rather not.

"Your father is coming to the show too.. I tried to tell him you didn't want to see him but you know how he is. Everything I say goes in one ear and out the other" My mother explained. I let out a tired sigh and proceeded to channel surf on the television. The thought of my father just makes my skin crawl, I despise him so much and in so many ways. I'll tell you that story in a bit.

"Well that's a bummer. Guess who's telling the security not to let his ass in? I don't know who the hell he think he is inviting himself to a show that's NO WHERE NEAR his budget. I mean, he's a whole bum, ma." I said while waiting for my mom to answer. I chuckled because she gave me the look like, "Shit, you ain't lying"

"Hell if I know child. I alerted all of the security guards not to let him in and they have a visual picture of him. So, 9/10 we won't see him. We gotta keep it classy, what happened last year can't happen again. We're in L.A with it now" My mother said as she got up to walk into the bathroom to handle her business. 

Oh yeah, last year at my mother's annual fashion show at the Beacon Theater.. an unwanted guest invited themself. Yes, the same one who's trying to invite himself to this show.. got his ass WHOOPED. By all three of my uncles and my brother James. I don't know why he didn't learn his lesson but it's nothing to let him know again. Cause James likes to do pop ups as well so, we'll see what happens.

After about 2 hours, I realized that I fell asleep. I woke up to my mother shaking me hectically and I jumped up out of my sleep. "C'mon ma what If i were clumsy and I fell?"  I asked as I yawned and got up. "Well if ya lil ass was up, I wouldn't have to shake ya ass" She said as she locked the door behind us. I opened the Uber app on my phone and ordered one. Oh hell no, next time I'm ordering with LYFT because these niggas be doing too much. This about to be a long ass ride.

Breezy
I  didn't get any type of sleep. Not because of anything in particular but I was just up thinking about shit. Why I had to be a dumb ass back then and really lay down with this female? I regret it everyday of my life that she's the mother of my daughter. You guys are probably all thinking that I'm foul or I'm heartless. At this point? Call it what you want but I never knew a person to walk out on their responsiblities and barely attempts to turn back. I don't fuck with or respect deadbeat fathers and I damn sure don't respect deadbeat mothers, even though it's more uncommon but still. I'm leveled sided, I see both point of views. I'm currently I n my basement, smoking my blunt. I was debating going back to sleep but I couldn't. My mind was racing a mile a minute and I had so much on it right now. My phone buzzed, I looked down seeing my manager reminding me all of the details about tonight and all that good stuff. I stood up and walked up the stairs then closed the door behind me. I was about to go down the hall to my room until I heard little taps on the door. I thought I was tripping for a second so I proceeded to walk. Then I heard it again. I walked towards the door and cracked it open. It revealed my babymother's sister, Karruche. I wiped my hand over my face and let out a sigh.

"You better have a good ass reason as to why you're at my house at some fucking 5 in the morning" I said while leaning against the door frame. She chuckled and looked me up and down.

"Just as fine as I remember but that's not what I'm here for. Azalia gave me your address and told me to come over" She told me while still eyeing me. I chuckled because I should've just had a baby with her damn sister, at least she's not a deadbeat and she actually buys Royalty shit that she needs. I'm way past those thoughts now though, both of them are just a big ass joke to me now.