Chapter 13

When Jade opened her eyes and slowed her breathing down, she looked up and found that she was lay down. She quickly lifted her head slowly sat herself up, glancing around the room as her eyes adapted to the light. One wall was covered with posters about taking care of yourself at home, one side was a large window, one side was some double doors that led down a corridor, and in the far corner was a desk and a door leading outside...
Jade recognised this room. As her eyes opened fully, she noticed: the waiting room. What had happened? And where were Leigh Anne and Jesy? Jade stood up and straightened her clothes out. She had been lay across 3 of the squeaky plastic chairs. She marched over to the receptionist who was sat lonely behind the polished wooden desk. "Can I help you?" She asked.
"Yes, um... where are my friends?"
"ahh" The receptionist hesitated for a moment "I've only just started my shift" Jade thought she spoke quite well and fluently for saying she was Japanese. "see, you were lay alone when I came. The woman on the shift before just said 'Shes fine, just asleep. When she wakes up, call Dr. Johnson' AH! Better call him now!" She suddenly remembered as she picked up the phone and tapped the number keys. Jade could hear the ringing of the phone. It rang twice before a deep male voice answered.
"Kon'nichiwa?" The voice said
"ah. Dr. Johnson. It's Miku speaking. The young woman awoke a few moments ago. She's now with me"
There was a pause.
"oh." said the voice on the other end.
"what.. should I say?"
"well... Her friends..."
"her friends..."
"went somewhere so..."
"shall I just ask her to get in touch with her friends...?"
"maybe."
The receptionist slammed the phone into its holder as she rolled her eyes.
"He's no good! Good at saving lives, no good with anything else!"
Jade tried to push out a smile, even though she couldn't understand what was happening right now.
"I'll call my friends now" Said Jade
"ok" Miku smiled as Jade trudged into the seating area, where she sat on a blue plastic chair, next to the window.
She pulled out her phone and scrolled through her contacts to find Leelee.
The phone rang once, twice, three times, four times... five times?
Jade began to worry if she wouldn't pick up... then she would have to ring Jesy... which could be awkward...
Luckily, on the 6th ring, Leigh answered. "Jade?" She said, sounding slightly startled. "A...a...are you ok?"
"Yes. Now whats going on?!" Jade quickly muttered.
"well you were found outside the door of.... p.... the room, and you were bought in the waiting room. The doctors knew you had just had a bit of a panic attack, which I've never seen you do before, and then you just lay softly... we didn't want to disturb you, so we're just at the checkout now."
"checkout of where?"
"shop round the corner from the hospital. We'll be back in 10"
What a relief, Jade thought as she breathed a sigh of relief and slouched down in her chair.
"see you in 10" Jade said down the phone, before pulling it away from her ear and getting ready to click the red button. "bye!" Leigh called.
Suddenly, Jade remembered. She shoved the phone back to her ear.
"Leigh, Wait!" But Leigh was gone now. Too late. Jade couldn't wait another 10 minutes... she had to... she didn't want to... she wanted to know now:
what about Perrie?