Chapter 15

"Quick" It was Dr. Johnson. He panted as if he was extremely out of breath as he stood shaking in front of the doors which pushed themselves shut behind him. "Quick!" He repeated
"What?!" Leigh stood up and began to panic.
"I need one of you... to come with me."
Jesy immediately stood up boldly, but then glanced over at Jade once she realised how eager she looked. Jade was breathing heavily and they both stared dramatically at each other before Leigh broke them up.
"Jesy! You go" Leigh pushed Jesy forward towards the Doctor. Jesy hesitated and she was stronger than Leigh, so she pushed back. "What about you two?!" She asked frantically
"Just...go" Jade sighed. Jesy glanced at the girls one more time as Leigh Anne let go of her. Then, she stumbled off, picking up the pace of her walking, as she went down the corridor until she was out of Jade and Leigh Anne's sight.

Leigh and Jade sat patiently and silently as they awaited some sort of alert. Jade sat on the seat next to Leigh, her back was still straight and she stayed sat upright, still breathing quickly and heavily. Leigh, however, was more relaxed. "Jade" LeighAnne put her hand gently onto Jade shoulder, making Jade flinch. "chill out Jade... we could be here.. a while..."
Jade began to slow her breathing and her body was no longer bolted upright. "thats it... just... try to stay calm."
Jade flopped back into her seat and she rested her head on the wall behind them. Jade was obviously tired.
"sleep if you want" Leigh suggested but Jade shook her head immediately.
"I can't miss anything" She muttered
"okay..."
"what... shall we do?..." Jade turned to face LeighAnne, squinting as the low sunlight beamed through the window behind Leigh and hit her. Jade tilted her head slightly so the sun beam wasn't directly in her eyes anymore.
"There's a few more snacks?" Leigh shrugged
"I'm full to be honest..." Jade spoke blankly, with no expression on her face.
"What about..." Leigh began
"What about I kiss you" Jade said rapidly and unexpectedly. Leigh's face turned from neutral to very confused.
"w..wha.." before Leigh could finish, Jade was already pressing her lips up against Leigh Annes, clinging onto Leigh's shirt. Leigh Anne tried to pull away immediately, but then, she realised... maybe she didn't want to pull away... maybe she wanted to stay like this... maybe... she was enjoying it...

After a moment, their lips parted and they slowly lost grip of each other.
The two looked at each other blankly. Jade looked Leigh straight in the eye.
Leigh gazed back.
Jade gave a small smirk from the corner of her mouth.
Leigh did the same back.
"well that escalated quickly." Leigh said
"sorry." Jade hung her head
"about what?!" Leigh replied
"what was I thinking?"
"the right thing" Leigh replied quickly
Jade lifted her head again until her eyes were once again in line with Leigh Anne's shining, dark eyes. "Jade?"
"Yes?"
"Thank You for that"
"what?"
"I..A...maybe...... Thank you."
"you're most welcome" Jade giggled
"You're so cute" Leigh smiled sweetly
"Don't get all soppy with me missy! Just because I kissed you, doesn't mean you can do that!" Jade joked as she ruffled Leigh's hair.
"oi!" Leigh ruffled Jade's hair back
"You little..." Jade grabbed onto Leigh yet again and pulled her close before kissing her passionately again.