Are we on a date?

You are in your class, you haven't brought the leave application, you are trying to hide from your teacher's eyes "What are you doing, Hope?" your teacher yells catching you red handed.

"Nothing" you shutter standing at your place with your hand clutched at the back.

"Why are you hiding then? Did you make a mistake?" she scans around you to find a hint.

"No, I mean yes, I didn't bring the application" you stammer as you speak, you lower your gaze, you are sure that you are about to get a full edition lecture on discipline.

"I have received it already, your mother personally came to submit it to me" she tells, there is a satisfactory grin on your face, your mother, your angel saved you "Don't you live with your mother?" she is surprised that you don't know even though you both live under the same roof.

'Not anymore' you whisper under your breath before you say "I am so sorry, I forgot"

She makes you sit, getting back to the topic, the class test, you manage to write the answers pouring in all the efforts to remember everything you have learnt, your test goes well and the last minute studies helped you to maintain your position of being the least scorer and not officially fail.

You don't have many friends but you are at talking terms with one of the classmates, yet you can't tell her about the sudden turn your life has taken, the school gets over and you have decided to wait extra in the library to complete the pending work because you missed school yesterday.

The library is one of your least visited place in the school, you open your stationary-case to take out the pens when you see the money Jin gave, it has become like a memory, it reminds you of the words he said.

You have a diary which you have bought a long ago, it is still unopened and unused because you like it being new but right now you want to use it and write about the new man's arrival in your life. You paste the hundred dollars with a white tape on your diary and write You are my responsibility, I have to take care of you and it is not a compulsion but a desire to spend on you, exactly as he said just below the note before you focus on completing your work.

You are tired of the continuous writing, you want to go home but you can't call Jin as you don't have his number, you call your mother instead to tell Jin pick you up, after you borrow a phone from the librarian, you pack your bag and wait near the school gate as you don't want Jin to roam around and search for you.

"I told you to call me" he flicks your head after he reaches closer to you while you sit at a vacant bench engrossed in the beauty of flowers.

"Mom must have called you" you look at the tall man who is glimmering in the faded light of the setting sun.

"You could have called me yourself" he takes your bags which you kept on the bench "wait, don't tell me that you don't have my number" he pauses to glance at you.

"Actually" you somehow manage to say as you walk while he follows you curiously "I don't have a phone"

"Silly girl" he defines you, holding your shoulder bag close to his chest.

The school is almost vacant which makes it easy for you to walk carefree with Jin and get into the car, parked at the side near the entrance, he is driving with some speed taking several turns until he pulls over.

"Where are we?" you enquire tottering your head around, you aren't much aware of this possible place except that it isn't Jin's house.

"Come," you are by his side as he moves, he has brought you to a shopping centre, you see people milling around from one shop to another, there are plenty of eye-catching things at the display window, you are trying to trap all the glory with your eyes until a child runs carelessly almost bumping into you, Jin manages to pull you close to him to save you from getting hurt.