Best Man

You have arrived home, you are sitting in the hall when Jin asks about your dinner plans after he has changed his clothes into something much more comfortable, you have eaten with your mother so you reply with a no.

You plunge yourself on your usual place, the mat, busy in some television shows, giggling unconsciously when your focus shifts to Jin's direction who is out, painting the flower pots kept at the sides of the glass door.

You are free to admire him as your eyes trails, you are tracing the reposed man with your gaze, much more concentrated on the half-lidded man than the content now, he is the like an art piece, in a flimsy shirt with his top two buttons untucked, his exposed skin is glittering like it is complimenting the black fabric, he is teasing your desire that was never fulfilled, the fringe of his hair resting above his forehead, his gaze lowered to the earthen containers, it is like you are in a trance where he is the only view visible, only melody heard.

You are spell-bound until he lifts his head up to check on you as you are not laughing or making a sound anymore, you avert your eyes back to the screen, afraid of being caught by the epitome of your fantasy, you are leaving no moment to take a glimpse of him every time his gaze deviates.

His hands has marks of colours and mud after he steps inside, to wash those off "come here" you call your fondness, your heart quivers with every inch he moves towards you.

"Yes" he is shadowing your figure as he stands in front of you, his hands are rested behind, so you don't get muddy.

"Closer" you gesture him to sit on the floor with you, "there is mud on your forehead", you wipe it with the sleeves of your top, he is near to you, his soft cushion like lips are distracting you.

"You have covered my eyes" Jin becomes uneasy when you hide his eyes under your sleeves, you lean forward to where his lips are, leaving hardly any space in between, his little breaths are giving shivers down to your spine, even a little vibration would let you to set your lips on him like a missing puzzle, he is your dream and destination but you don't kiss him, even after getting so near to the other-half of you.

"Go" you push him away bringing yourself back from him, his being and your thoughts that want to touch his soul, it feels like you are awake from your sleep back to the reality where he is just your living companion and nothing more.

"Why did you cover my eyes?" his forehead puckers, squinting at the sight of your lost expression.

"Nothing, go wash those germs off" you remind him, staring blankly into the space.

'I must have gone mad' you click your tongue declaring yourself insane, swallowing hard, you can't believe what you were about to do, you are scowling at your pathetic self for almost throwing yourself onto him.

You are trying to avoid the face of the man you are inclined to now, you are about to sleep but you have your back face him, you don't clasp his hand in yours, you totally want to get away with the feelings you are drowning in.

"Won't you hold my hand?" he questions with is neck raised in the air as he lays next to you.

"No" you hiss, stretching your hands towards the side lamp to turn it off.

You press your eyelids hard and repeat continuously in your head that you are sleepy but the reality is far from it, you can't sleep, you twist and twirl on your side trying not to think of the man sharing the bed with you, you are lacking the sense of security like you feel whenever you hold his hand. It is not only you still not asleep, Jin too is wide awake as he hears the loud ticking sound of the wall clock.

"Hope" he turns to his side to face your back "Hope" he calls again, you are dead quiet like you have stopped breathing, you roll towards him to showcase your pretentious act of sleep. He rests his hands onto yours after you don't respond "better" he breathes before he sinks into a deep sleep.