Chapter 6

POV: Ahsoka Tano

I was already exhausted by the time my small group finally reached the separatist base. It must have been at least two hours of walking before the base even came into view. We made our war to the back of the building and found a locked entrance.

"Alright Snips, you're smaller than the rest of us, so I need you to squeeze through this vent and make your way to the other side of the door to let the rest of us in." He explained as he pointed towards the vent.

I nodded and hesitantly walked towards the vent, cutting it open with my lightsaber. It was a little tight, but I managed to crawl along.

I made it to the other side of the entrance and cut a hole through the vent, catching the piece with the force before it fell to the ground. I carefully jumped out of the vent into the hallway and made my way towards the other side of the door cautiously.

Once I saw that the hall was empty, I found the door controls and managed to open them.

"Great job Ahsoka," Skyguy told me. "Come on, let's hurry and make our way to the control center before they realize we are here. Secura should have engaged by now, so that gives us some time."

We carefully moved forward, avoiding all the security cameras we could.

"Why can't we just destroy the cameras?" I whispered to Skyguy.

"Because then they will know something's up and come down here," he whispered back.

"We are going to have to take out some or they will see us and know something's up anyway," I argued.

"Well, we will handle that later."

We ended up only needing to destroy two cameras as we made our way to the control center.

"That was easy," Skyguy said as he opened the door.

"I think you spoke too soon sir!" Rex yelled as dozens of destroyers and battle droids emerged from the control center.

My master sighed deeply as we ducked behind the wall. I looked over to him, hoping he would have some advice, only to see him jumping from behind the wall, slashing through all the battle droids that came his way.

It was my turn to sign and place my forehead in my palm. Typical Skywalker, always quick to drop the plan and improvise his way through the rest of the mission. Exactly what I had read about him in all of those holo-articles and heard in stories was unfolding perfectly in front of my own two eyes. He was just so reckless and I couldn't say I was much different.

The two of us stood a small chance against all these droids, but what could I say? Like master like padawan. I jumped in and joined him.

Soon the rest of the clones ran into the control center to join the fun and we held them off as well as we could.

"Ahsoka!"

I turned around to see a destroyer rolling towards me. I slashed my lightsaber at the same time as my master and we managed to slice it in half.

"Snips! Get to the control panel! I will hold them off! You have to shut down the holodrive!"

I quickly ran toward the panel and tried to figure out all of the complicated buttons. How the kriff was I supposed to figure out which ones to push."

"Ahsoka!" Master yelled again with panic clear in his voice.

I turned around to see my master struggling to keep back the droids, and several injured clones laying on the ground.

I continued to frantically look at all the buttons and switches, trying desperately to figure out which ones to press. I felt all the pressure get to me and began to get anxious.

Not knowing what else to do, I closed my eyes and lifted my hand above the complicated switches, and let the force guide me to the one I needed to press.

My fingers were led to a switch and I pressed it. I looked around and saw all the droids power down as Skyguy and the troopers finished them off.

I sighed in relief and slid down the wall.

"Nice job Snips. Let's go help Aayla finish up."

He held out his hand and helped me up. We walked to the front of the base and I watched in amusement as the clones went to town destroying the defenseless battle droids.

We finished clearing the planet and then loaded onto the transports to head back to Coruscant.

"I take it you didn't find the separatist general?" My master asked Secura.

"No... unfortunately, he got away."

"Well, the council will be disappointed to hear that, but at least we cleared the planet."

Secura sighed and nodded, then walked up to the bridge.

My master then turned his attention to me and grinned. "So Snips, what did you think of your first mission?"

"It was stressful," I said honestly.

"All missions are." He admitted sadly.

"Will we have another one soon?"

"Yes, but don't worry we will still get time to train."

'Yeah... that's comforting,' I thought to myself

It was late by the time we landed at the temple. I was exhausted and collapsed on my bed as soon as we got back to the dorm, and immediately drifted off into a deep sleep.