Chapter 25

POV: Ahsoka Tano

I gave Anakin a worried look from over my shoulder, still sitting back to back with him. "Who is it?" I whispered.

He shook his head and dismissed my concern. "Come on," he stood up from the ground and began to walk towards the tall double doors at the front of the simple and peaceful room.

I stayed where I was with my hands resting on my crossed knees and raised an eye marking in his direction. "Is our time up?" I asked.

He stopped walking only long enough to check the time on his comlink and chuckle at my question. "Close enough."

I rolled my eyes but stood up and followed him to the exit of the room regardless. When we opened the doors, Anakin looked only slightly relieved to see Obi-Wan leaning against the wall a few feet down the hallway.

Unfortunately for us, our attempt to sneak past him and pretend everything was completely normal did not go unnoticed by Obi-Wan.

"And where do you think you're going?" he asked casually as we walked past him.

"Just heading back from our meditation Master," Anakin responded as he paused in his steps and turned around to face his old master. I followed a few feet behind him.

"Hmm that can't be right, I could've sworn the council agreed on three hours of meditation."

"Yeah well, I rounded up."

I allowed a small laugh to fall from my lips. 'Typical Skyguy'. Both Master Kenobi and Anakin turned their heads to look at me, Obi With a serious expression and Anakin with a smile across his face, and I immediately stopped laughing and looked away.

'Aww come on Snips, you know I love your laugh' Anakin's deep voice cooed through our bond. I risked taking a lookup into his eyes and immediately felt sparks of heat flushing into the blue hues of my lekku. Anakin chuckled and I shot him a quick glare to shut him up.

Obi-Wan cleared his throat and both of our eyes shot back to him. "What were you two doing in there anyway?" he questioned.

"Meditating, of course?" Anakin answered.

Obi-Wan gave him a very unconvinced look. "That's definitely not what it felt like to me," he said with a smug look on his face.

"Alright alright, so she fell asleep, but why does it matter. It was a stupid decision on the council's behalf anyway."

Obi-Wan studied our faces for a moment longer. I could tell he didn't buy it, but he seemed to let it go. "Alright, I know better than to try and stop you from leaving." He proceeded to walk off, but not before sending a soft smile our way.

We watched him leave in silence and then turned to find our faces matching the same worried expression. Anakin pulled me forward, planted a quick kiss to my left lek, and gave a small smile in comfort. "Come on, let's go get ready for our next mission."

--- (after the random mission)

I was currently sitting in my dorm on the Resolute. We were flying back to the temple after a long and stressful mission. This probably wasn't the best place to go to avoid my master, but I couldn't hide from him forever, if at all. 

I brought my legs up on the simple bench and wrapped my arms around them while dropping my chin onto my knees. I knew Anakin would walk in here any moment now and I wasn't looking forward to it.

As if right on cue, the doors to my dorm burst open, and that flaming and overpowering presence followed all the way inside until it was standing directly behind me and radiating all around me. I buried my head in my knees and squeezed my eyes shut preparing for the worst.