Chapter 11

POV: Anakin Skywalker

I lay on the beautifully patterned road of the Coruscant city with my head in my hands. Everything around me was spinning, making me less and less aware of the buildings and bright lights all around me, or the citizens passing by. I didn't want to move, but I knew I had to. I had to find her.

I stood from the ground and picked up my lightsaber, attaching it to my belt, before hopping onto my speeder.

I tried to push down all of my emotion as I flew back to the Jedi Temple to bring them the news. I let the colorful lights of the busy city surrounded by the night sky, numb my mind as I tried to take in what had just happened. I had failed her, I let her get taken! This was all my fault!

I debated in my mind whether or not I was breaking the code by admitting my friendship and deep bond with Ahsoka. It wasn't like I had fallen for her or anything, but I suppose any kind of attachment was still an attachment. 

I realized that I had many other attachments inside me as well that I couldn't deny any longer.

The more I thought about them, the more frustrated I became. How could anyone not form any attachments? How is that even possible? We were Jedi, but we were still people. Even if I did struggle with the attachment rule more than most Jedi, I was sure they have all had problems with it at one point or another.

I arrived at the spacious Jedi temple and parked my speeder. I ran towards the temple as fast as I could. I ran down the halls, avoiding all the Jedi in my path until I reached the Council Chambers and barged inside.

Whatever they were discussing couldn't be as important as what I needed to tell them.

"Skywalker," Windu started as he glared directly at me. "I trust that whatever you have to say is important enough to interrupt us?"

"Yes Masters," I replied.

Yoda signaled for me to get it out.

"Senator Trevino is a sith lord, and... he took Ahsoka," I told them trying, my best to keep the emotion out of my voice.

The council member gasped as my words sank in.

"Track them down, we must," Yoda declared. "Skywalker, any idea as to where they have gone, do you have?"

"I do not believe they have left Coruscant."

"Very well, we must leave immediately," Windu commanded.

All the masters slowly filed out of the room and Obi-Wan approached me.

"I failed her Master," I told him with sadness. "This is all my fault!"

He put his hand on my shoulder. "No Anakin, It's not. This is not your fault, you did everything you could."

I looked down at the floor, trying to avoid his gaze. I knew he could see right through me if he got the chance and I couldn't let him sense my fear or my attachment, as small as it was.

"We will find her, Anakin," he assured me.

"I know Master," I replied, trying to convince myself.

He kept staring at me and eventually, I couldn't avoid him anymore. I looked up into his eyes and I felt my sadness and worry flowing out of me, despite how hard I tried to press them down.

He sighed and then to my surprise, pulled me into an embrace.

He pulled back and looked at me again.

"You're just going to have to trust me, Anakin. We will find her. Come on, let's go."

He walked out of the room and I followed behind him.