Chapter 12

POV: Ahsoka Tano

It had been a few days since I was captured by Senator Trevino, and I was almost fully recovered. After my master carried me to the medical bay, Obi-Wan and his troops arrived at the rundown building, but it was already too late. The Sith was gone.

I was irritated that my master had let him go so easily and I didn't understand his reasoning. But anyway, it was over now and we couldn't go back and change it.

I was released from the medbay and went to my dorm. Nothing was going on, so I sat on my bed and read my holopad.

About fifteen minutes later, my master came into the dorm and quietly sat on my bed.

"Hey Snips," he said softly.

"Hey Master," I replied without looking up from my holopad to meet his gaze.

He sighed heavily. "I'm sorry to inform you that we have another mission briefing."

I turned off my holopad and threw it lightly away from me. I then looked up at him with pitiful eyes. I did not want to go on another mission. "Now?"

He chuckled. "Yeah Snips, now." He stood up and held his hand out for me to take. "Come on Ahsoka, let's get going."

He helped me up and we walked into the briefing room. Inside the briefing room, Master Kenobi, Ayla, Cody, and Rex stood around a holomap that lit the dark room.

"Ah, Anakin, Ahsoka, glad you could make it," Obi-Wan greeted.

My master nodded back. 'Glad to be here,' he told me sarcastically through our bond.

I smiled and looked over to him to see him pretending to be focused on the briefing, though a smirk was clear on his face.

"So, what's the mission?" I asked.

Obi-Wan looked in my master's direction and then sighed and briefly looked down. "We are leading an invasion on Tatooine," he finally told us.

For a brief moment, I felt a strong, powerful rush of emotion flood into me from my master through our bond, before he quickly blocked me out and turned away, breathing heavily.

I was confused. Why was he acting this way? He told me that he hated sand, but I didn't expect that only the thought of being around sand for a while would cause the powerful burst of emotion I felt from him. I laughed silently to myself at the thought of his hatred for sand going to that extreme. That would be hilarious, but I didn't think It went that far.

After a few moments, he turned back with an emotionless expression on his face. How had he managed to push down all that emotion that quickly?

"Go on," he told Obi-Wan.

"The separatists have gained control of the planet and the people have requested our help to free it. We could also potentially gain a treaty with the Hutt clans by defending their planet."

"What's the plan?" Rex asked

Obi-Wan then explained the plan to us and dismissed us to prepare for the mission. "We leave tomorrow," he told us as we walked out.

My master and I walked back to our dorm in complete silence. I walked inside and sat on my bed facing my master.

He lay down on his bed and turned away from me.

"Master?" I asked him quietly.

He said nothing and remained turned away from me. I tried to search our bond and find out what was wrong, but he had blocked me off. There was no way I was going to get anything out of him.