Chapter 8

8 months later

POV: Ahsoka Tano

I ran through the open fields of Geonosis towards the incoming battle droids, deflection their shots back to them as I went.

I didn't need to look behind me to know that my master had my back. Over our past months together, we've had to learn to work and trust each other during all of our missions. It was now pretty easy for me to trust him with my life, considering he'd saved it more times than I cared to admit.

We moved quickly through the rows of droids, striking our lightsabers in every direction. The 501st followed behind us, finishing off everything we missed.

We broke through the last of the droids and waited in science for more. Something felt wrong, I couldn't figure out what was off in the force.

Suddenly, I heard a faint beeping and everything clicked in my head.

"AHSOKA!" My master yelled to me as he realized what was about to happen.

I knew he wanted me to run, but I focused my energy on the clones, pushing them as far away as I could. I felt Skyguy run towards me, attempting to push me to safety. The bomb went off and we were both powerfully thrown into the air. I fell to the ground and imminently passed out before I could feel any pain.

POV: Anakin Skywalker

I opened my eyes widely and attempted to sit up, only to fail. I must have passed out after the bomb went off. My ears rang loudly and my entire body ached with pain and I tried to recall my memory of before the bomb went off. Oh no... Ahsoka!

I had to find her. This time I forced myself into a sitting position, despite the pain it caused, and waited for my eyes to clear. I should've known Ahsoka would save the clones before herself. It was one of the many things I admired about her. She would always put others before herself.

However, at the same time, I strongly disliked this tendency of hers for selfish reasons. She often hurt herself in the process of protecting others and I feared the worst could happen. I wouldn't be able to live with myself if something happened to her.

Deep down I knew those words she told me after I jumped into her fight with the younglings all those months ago were true. I knew she could protect herself. I just always felt the need to protect her anyway and I didn't know why.

My vision cleared and I searched my surroundings until I found her small figure lying on the ground several feet away from me.

It took every ounce of my strength to slowly crawl towards her. My body screamed at me to stop, but my mind was determined to reach her and protect her.

I finally made it over to her and pulled her into my arms before falling to the ground. I felt her heartbeat and soft breathing against my chest and I slightly relaxed.

I reached for my comlink and entered Obi-Wan frequency. He and his padawan were still on the planet, probably doing their best to complete our mission. "Obi-Wan..." I was too weak to say anything else at this point, but it was enough for him to know we needed him and for him to be able to trace the signal of my comlink to us.

I don't know how long I stayed there holding Ahsoka in my arms, but eventually, I saw ships approaching.

The ships landed and medics rushed out towards us.

"Take...her," I managed to get out, making sure they knew I wanted them to help her before me.

They lifted her from my arms and rushed her into the snip to get her stabilized. A few then came back for me and helped me into the ship to treat my injuries. My squad boarded after us. They all seemed to be alright thanks to Ahsoka.