Chapter 9

POV: Anakin Skywalker

I sat on the floor, right where Ahsoka left me, and stared into her eyes, positive my shock and confusion were shown clearly on my face. She stood a few feet away from me, examining my expression curiously, before turning towards the door.

"Take a shower Skyguy." 

And with that she walked out, closing the door behind her.

My flesh fingers found their way up to my scar, tracing it lightly as I felt my cheeks burning. Was I blushing?!

I brushed it off and quickly stood up from my stance.

I couldn't help but chuckle as Ahsoka's comment replayed in my mind. 

Take a shower Skyguy

That girl sure did know how to get her way.

---

I finished my shower and quickly dressed. I dried the water from the refresher floor, before entering the main room of the dorm.

I shook my head as I took in my surroundings. 

Several towels were discarded on the half-dried floor. My soaking wet beddings were on the floor in a messy pile, and my padawan was asleep on my bare bed, a towel still clenched in her hand. From the looks of it, she had cleaned up about half of our mess before falling asleep. I was glad she had fallen asleep before doing my fair share. This was just as much my doing as it was hers.

I walked over to my bed and sat on the edge of it, below my sleeping padawan. "Oh Snips," I sigh. "How did you manage to fall asleep here?" I said mainly to myself as I traced her facial markings with the back of my finger.

I carefully lifted her into my arms and pulled her against my chest.  I carried her to her own bed and gently lowered her into it, before proceeding to clean up the rest of the room.

---

The council gave us the rest of the week to recover. We were both completely fine and ready to go after we got out of the bacta tanks, but I wasn't about to tell the council that.

We spent most of the week hanging out with my squadron, getting into random long conversations, and playing pranks on each other. Well, mainly just Ahsoka to me on that last one. 

 I sighed as I thought back to earlier week... (earlier this week )

"Ahsoka!"

"Yes, Master?" She asked, her voice a little too innocent.

"Where is it!"

"Where is what?"

"Where did you put my lightsaber!"

"You think I moved it?!"

"I know you did."

"That can't be right."

"Where is it!"

"How should I know?"

"Obi-Wan is going to kill me!"

I walked towards the refresher in frustration.  I started to open the door, when something heavy fell from the door frame onto my head, successfully knocking me to the ground. I pulled the object into my hand and sighed in annoyance when none other than my lightsaber landed in my hand.

"AHSOKA!!"

I  heard her loud laughs of victory behind me before rolling my eyes and standing up.

---

"Do you hate anything Master?"  She asked me as we lay in our beds in darkness.

"Hate is not the Jedi way Ahsoka," I replied in a mocking tone. I didn't need my eyes to see the playful glare on her face.

"Do you dislike anything?" She asked with emphasis on the word dislike.

"Nope."

"Come on, I know you do, just what is it?"

"Fine"

She waited for a few moments and I said nothing. "Well?"

I sighed knowing that she would never stop asking until she had her answer. "Sand."

"What?"

"I hate sand," I said with disgust. 

She laughed, "Sand?! Why sand?"

I rolled my eyes and turned over to go to sleep.

"Good to know." She said, trying her best to hold back her laughter."Goodnight Skyguy."

"Night Snips," I said into my pillow.

---

I woke up the next morning and yawned as I stretched my arms. I looked over to Ahsoka's bed to find her...awake? Before me? That was unusual. I  shrugged it off and got out of my bed.

"Good morning Ahsoka."

"Good morning Master."

"You're up early."

She smiled."Don't get used to it."

I gave her a weird look and then reached down to put my boots on while she sat on her bed and watched me, a smile on her face.

"Are you okay Snips?"

She nodded.

I slid my foot into one of my boots and felt a coarse, rough, irritating, and grainy substance inside. My eyes widened in realization and I looked over to Ahsoka, who was struggling to hold back her laughter.

"Ahsoka?" I said sternly through clenched teeth. "What is in my boot?"

This time she stopped resisting and let all of her laughter flow freely out of her. "You know what's in your boot Skyguy."

"AHSOKA!" Panic found its way to my face as she confirmed my suspicion and fear. I stepped out of my boot and threw them as far away from me as I could before running out of the dorm to keep from screaming at her.

Her laughter never became quieter as I ran farther and farther away from our dorm.

--- (end of earlier this week)

I closed my eyes and took deep calming breaths as I remembered the feeling of the sand in my boats. I shuddered at just the thought. 

Our week of relaxing was over and it was time to be assigned another mission. I walked into our dorm to find Ahsoka meditation on the floor.

I sat down beside her before speaking. "Snips."

She opened her eyes from her meditation at the sound of my voice.

"Mission briefing," I told her as I stood up and helped her to her feet.

"Wonderful." She signed.

I chuckled and opened the door, leading her out into the hallway.

We walked into the briefing room to find it almost empty, with only Obi-Wan and Yoda inside.

"Anakin, Ahsoka," My old master greeted us.

"Masters," I replied as I bowed my head in respect.

"The two of you will be going alone on this mission." Obi-Wan began. "We suspect a Senator by the name of Gurrlen Trevino is working for the Separatist. You are to go undercover in Coruscant and find the truth."

"Yes, Masters."

"You leave at dusk."