hawks(keigo takami) x reader: 𝘳𝘰𝘰𝘧𝘵𝘰𝘱 𝘳𝘦𝘲𝘶𝘪𝘦𝘮

(a/n): got inspired by a damn good fic i read, enjoy!!! :)

_______first person pov______

What am I doing here?

My eyelids stung from the salt of my tears as I pushed my way through the sea of people blocking the exit of the apartment.

It seems like it always ends up like this. Why do my friends always have to be so... two-faced?

The bass from the speakers reverberated softly in my chest, and the multicolored mood lighting made it hard to see clearly. I thought this one house party would be different, but despite hoping against the predictable reality, I had a pit in my stomach that told me this would happen.

How can you be so cruel as to talk absolute shit to someone's face? Drunk or not, that's borderline monstrous.

Any tolerance I had left for my clique-y "friends" had evaporated into thin air. I half expected them to redeem themselves as human beings and apologize, but no sign of regret or shame was shown. I didn't bother turning around to look for it, anyway.

I haven't even had much to drink, but I feel nauseous. I need fresh air.

Squeezing my way through the crowded living room, I nearly choked on the stuffy air. I kept my eyes down, avoiding any contact with someone who could get too nosy and ask me why I was practically racing for the front door. I slid past the last person of the crowd and reached for the door handle, swinging the door open and slipping out of sight.

The hallway was illuminated by harsh, unflattering lighting that burned my unadjusted eyes. Being alone and away from the commotion, I slowed my once rapid pace to a stroll and made my way to the apartment building's staircase. I treaded up the stairs until I reached the final door. ROOF.

I pushed the door open and immediately fought the instinct to shiver. The night air pricked at my exposed skin and led me to hug my arms. Feeling heavy, I walked to the other side of the platform where the rest of the city could be seem from above. I leaned my arms against the guard rail and finally let out my emotions fully. Ugly sobs escaped my mouth and my shoulders were shaking. My throat burned from gasping in the cold air. I wanted to just go home.

"It's been a night, huh?"

I hiccuped as I tried to silence my weeping, startled by the husky voice that resonated through the brisk air.

How embarrassing. I'm so pathetic! I should've saved the sob fest for the bubble bath I could be having at home right now.

I didn't respond and chose to look back out at the city. Tears cascaded almost endlessly down my cheeks, and my nose was starting to run like crazy with the chilly temperature. I tried to regulate my hitched breathing, but it was futile. Sniffles and hiccups were all I could muster as a reply.

I didn't want to turn around. I was positive my mascara left skid marks under my eyes, and that I looked like a total wreck in general. Footsteps slowly sounded from behind me.

"Hey, are you coming from a party downstairs? It's so loud, I can hear it from here."

I stayed silent. I wiped my sore eyes and looked down at the seven-story drop from where I was standing. The tears slowed their pace, and I felt numb as I tried ignoring whoever I was facing away from.