mirio togata x reader: 𝘶𝘴 𝘵𝘸𝘰 [𝘴𝘰𝘯𝘨 𝘧𝘪𝘤]

song ;
if i could ride a bike -
chevy, park bird
(this song repeats the lyrics quite a bit so i'm just gonna do a straight-thru version <3 )

________third person pov________

If I could ride a bike
I'd zoom around the world
With you sitting there
behind me

"Four months is so long!" Mirio whimpered as he clung onto his girlfriend, [Y/N], in the airport. She was studying abroad in America for the semester, and while this opportunity was too good to pass up on, she didn't want to go alone. She patted his head that was buried in her chest, letting go of her suitcase to wrap her other arm around his back.

"I know, but it'll be over before you know it! I'll call you every day; you need to update me on everything I'm missing out on here," she reassured, mentally losing her composure. The words she spoke were almost more for her than they were for him; he wasn't exactly making it easy to leave home.

I'd take you to places
Past several faces
Just living life
so carefree

"We can set the record for longest phone call ever!" Mirio exclaimed, seeming more chipper and like himself. "You're gonna have fun over in the States, and I'll be fine, and you'll be fine, and when you come back you're gonna tell me all about the Statue of Liberty and that big bean thing and the White House and-"

"I will, I will," [Y/N] chuckled, struggling to keep her emotions in check. She looked at her phone and saw that she only had a half hour to board her plane. "I need to go," she huffed, tears pricking her eyes and threatening to spill. A pair of strong hands cupped [Y/N]'s cheeks, and Mirio planted a kiss on her forehead and helped her grab her suitcase. "See you later," she said with a soft smile.

"Miss you already!"

※   ※   ※   ※   ※   ※

If I could sail a boat
I'd cruise across the seas
A sweet adventure for
us two

"And Sir ended up accepting him!! Isn't that crazy?!" Mirio's voice emitted from [Y/N]'s phone speaker as she lay in her dorm room. It was near midnight for her in America, but noon for Mirio in Japan. The time difference was a struggle for [Y/N] in means of communication, since if she wasn't studying, she was sleeping. Jet lag. She was a few weeks into her stay, however, and was beginning to get used to the language, time, and culture. But in that moment, [Y/N] wanted nothing more than to be home with her favorite blonde boy holding her close.

I'll be Jack and you Rose
Just please don't let me go
'Cause I'd be nothing
without you

"That Midoriya kid sounds like a handful, haha," [Y/N] sleepily responded, then yawned.

"Hey, I'll text you later, it's probably late for you and I'm on my way to lunch right now. Love ya, goodnight!"

"Goodnight, love you too," she mumbled, feeling heavy from missing her boyfriend. The call ended and her eyelids relaxed as she drifted to sleep.

※   ※   ※   ※   ※   ※

"Has it really been a month already?" Mirio's face covered [Y/N]'s phone screen as they video chatted. It was a Saturday, so she didn't have any classes, and was able to talk to Mirio at a decent hour. She walked down the sidewalk of downtown [city], shopping while catching up with her boyfriend.

"I know, it's only felt like a couple of days, but at the same time I feel like I've been here forever, y'know?" [Y/N] wondered aloud. "You would love it here. We need a Chick-fil-A back home!"

"A what?"

"It's this really good chicken place, apparently it's only in America, but I might have to smuggle some home. I don't wanna leave all this good food!"

Mirio laughed. "You still have three months, don't worry, you can eat a lifetime's worth while you're there."

※   ※   ※   ※   ※   ※

Oh when you call me
I'm drifting on clouds like
I'm dreaming

[Y/N] walked to class, thinking about how she only had two more months left in America. She enjoyed the people she met and all the things she was learning, but she missed her friends and family, especially Mirio. Despite not being able to reach him for the  past few days, [Y/N] felt good about the day she was going to have. Some of her new friends wanted to meet Mirio, so she planned that when they would video chat later that night, they could be there and talk to him too. One of [Y/N]'s classmates approached her with a worried expression, stopping her in her tracks.

"[Y/N], did you hear about what happened?" she frantically questioned.

She cocked an eyebrow. "Uhm... no?"

"Look at this," the classmate thrusted her phone in her face to show a news article.

U.A. THIRD YEAR IN CRITICAL CONDITION AFTER BATTLE WITH YAKUZA, QUIRK ERASED PERMANENTLY

[Y/N] read the headline over and over again. She took the phone out of her classmate's hand and scrolled through the article.

Mirio Togata, a third year at the prestigious high school U.A., was among the many that risked their lives during this rescue mission. He was shot with a bullet laced with quirk-altering drugs, resulting in his quirk being totally erased. Doctors are unsure of the long term effects. He suffered many injuries on top of—

"Did you know him?"

But in the morning
I'll wake up and see
that you're stuck here
with me

※   ※   ※   ※   ※   ※

[Y/N] sprinted through the hallway of the hospital, frantically searching for his room. She skidded to a halt when she saw him sitting in his bed, all bandaged up.

"Mirio!" She rushed towards him, throwing her arms around his torso and burying her face into his neck.

If only you knew
What I would do for you
I'd jump up and hold you
so tightly

"[Y/N]," he greeted softly over her sobs. His hands smoothed her [h/c] hair gently as the two of them sat in the dull hospital room, clinging to each other after being separated for so long.

※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※

[Y/N] slowly handed the phone back to her classmate, feeling like she was drowning in the sudden heaviness of the air. She was stuck thousands of miles away from him. All she wanted to do was embrace his at that moment. He was hurting, and she wasn't there with him.

But I will never be
Able to do these things
So I'm just left
imagining

________________________