todoroki shoto x reader: 𝘱𝘳𝘦𝘵𝘵𝘺 𝘤𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘳

_________third person pov________

[Y/N] lay in her bed, worn out from the wave of emotions that had hit her earlier. She had spent the past twenty minutes unleashing her feelings into her pillow, now with two tear-drenched patches staining the fabric. Eyes puffy, nose stuffed, and body heavy, she stared up at the ceiling.

Footsteps sounded from outside of [Y/N]'s dorm room, and she dreaded the thought of anyone bothering to be in her company at that moment. She moved her head over towards the door and saw shadows of feet peeking through the sliver under it.  As she feared, the sound of a few soft knocks entered her eardrums.

[Y/N] took a deep breath and moved her head back to its previous position. "Don't come in," she managed to squeak out. She meant to sound more like she was busy and indifferent, but even she could hear the remnants of weeping in her voice.

"Is this a bad time?" the voice on the other end asked. [Y/N]'s heart clenched as soon as those words came out of the visitor's mouth. It was her crush, Todoroki.

[Y/N] knew she didn't have the vocal strength to respond. However, she didn't want to leave him without an answer. She also didn't want him to see her in the messy state she was in. The internal dilemma seemed to become more complicated than what it should have been, so she resolved on getting up and answering the door wordlessly. The knob twisted in her hand and the door opened to reveal the Class 1A pretty boy.

Todoroki's classic expressionless face slightly altered into a confused one when he fixed his eyes on [Y/N]. "Are you sick?" he questioned.

Oh great. The first thing he says is based off of how I look right now. Which is god-awful. Perfect. [Y/N] mentally cursed herself and her post-sobbing appearance.

[Y/N] remained silent and just slowly shook her head no. A hitched breath gave her away, and the dots connected in Todoroki's mind.

"Can I come in?" he asked. [Y/N] looked down for a second. Her crush, in her dorm room? When she originally wanted to be in solitude? He really meant well, and she knew it.

[Y/N] stepped aside to allow his entrance, which he caught onto and slipped between her and the doorframe. She shut the door behind him and turned back around to face him. There he was. Todoroki was in her room. Not at the best time, but he was there.

"All the girls were downstairs, and I noticed you weren't there. I wanted to come check on you. Is everything... alright?" He spoke as if he was treading lightly.

A deep breath filled [Y/N]'s lungs and she prepared herself to finally reply to him, but the lump in her throat nearly choked her. Everything was not alright. Why couldn't she just spit it out? Why couldn't he just see that?

She resorted to slowly shaking her head no again, eyes cast downward. He walked over to the side of her bed and sat down, patting the spot next to him; a pair of expecting heterochromatic eyes beckoned her to join him and unpack her emotions. [Y/N]'s guard was still holding up and she seated herself next to him.

"If it's something you want to talk about, then please don't hesitate. But if you aren't ready yet, that's okay too."

[Y/N] stared at her hands resting in her lap and felt her face begin to crumble again. A fist shielded her face as she heaved jagged, short breaths and poured out more tears from her squinted, [e/c] eyes.

About a half a minute passed, and she began to regulate her breathing while she wiped under her eyes with her hands.

"...S-Sorry," [Y/N] mumbled, shyly looking back up at Todoroki.

A soft smile along with a gentle hand on her back comforted her. "Don't be." She weakly smiled back at him, feeling lightweight in his presence. He tilted his head as he continued to gaze at [Y/N]. "You're a pretty crier."

________________________