Physical Touch

Prompt: Y/N is big on physical touch while Spencer on the other hand isn't.

Relationship: friends/coworkers

As soon as Y/N walked into the doors of the BAU, everyone grew to love her. There was something about the way how a conversation flowed with her. It was so natural and never felt awkward.

Another thing about her; she's always wanting people to be happy. If you came into work without a smile she's right over to your desk nudging you to tell her what's going on.

Y/N also was known for her physical touch. She was always hugging people, holding hands, even kissing people on the cheek. Even the little things like nudging your sides or gently grabbing your hair.

Now, Spencer loved Y/N a lot, who couldn't, but he wasn't the very physical touch type. He didn't like hugs and even shaking hands.

Y/N soon found that out after a couple weeks of working at the BAU. She one time walked into the office and went over and hugged Spencer. He kind of tensed up a bit and didn't give much love back.

"Oh." she breathed out, "Did that make you uncomfortable? I'm sorry." She put a piece of hair behind her ear.

"I-It's not you." He scratched the back of his neck awkwardly, "I'm just not a big physical touch person."

"Okie dokie!" she smiled, "I'll remember."

The next couple of years, Spencer watched how Y/N was with the other agents and he almost grew to be envy. He hated that he didn't like to be hugged or touched much. But what he didn't realize is how much she would change him.

Present day: your pov

"Good morning, beautiful people!" You smiled as you walked through the door with a tray of coffees for everyone.

"Mama, I love you so much." Derek took his coffee from you and instantly took you into a bear hug.

Once you looked over at Spencer, you could tell he wasn't in the best mood. Sometimes it was hard to make Spencer's frown turn upside down since he wasn't big on being touched. But you always found a way.

You walked over to his desk and set his coffee down on the surface, "So, how was the Doctor Who special this week?" you asked, cheerfully.

He looked up and did a quick smile towards you and just said, "It was good."

You frowned, "C'mon, Reid! Give me the scoop. You were soooo excited yesterday!" You said sitting on top of his desk.

"Y/N, I'm not in the mood." He groaned.

"Yes Mr. Frownypants, I see that."

"Y/N, I just don't want to be bothered! Ok?" Spencer shouted, making everyone turn their heads and look at you two.

"Oh uh, okay. I'm sorry." You whispered, hoping off of his desk and going towards your own.

The rest of the day was just plain old paperwork. Boring as can be. You, Derek, and Emily played with some of the papers that didn't need to be filled out. You guys made paper airplanes and saw how far they could fly.

The whole thing with Spencer still bugged you throughout the day. What changed in one night that made Spencer so upset? Why did he yell at you? He never does that. Was I being that annoying? I was just trying to help.

By the end of the day, you all gathered your things and started to all slowly go home. You stayed behind for a bit because you had to give Hotch the paperwork.

When you got back to your desk, you started packing up your bag and you felt someone poke your shoulder.

"Hey. I'm really sorry about earlier. Do you wanna come over to my place so we can talk?" Spencer asked, carrying his messenger back on his shoulder.

You nodded quickly, just wanting to find out what was going on in that big brain of his. You threw everything into your bag and hurriedly followed Spencer to his apartment.

Once you got inside, you sat down on the couch with a blanket with him beside you.

"I'm really sorry about earlier. I just have a lot on my mind right now." he explained. You listened and nodded instinctively grabbing his hands but then retracted knowing he doesn't like it.

"No," he whispered, "Please I need you to just be yourself right now. I need that."

Shocked by his answer, you took his skinny hands into your own. Every once in a while rubbing your thumb over his knuckles, "So, Spence." You swallowed, "What's going on in that head of yours?"

He met your eyes and instantly started tearing up, "I got a call last night from my mom's hospital." he started, shakily, "She isn't doing good." A tear ran down his cheek and you wiped it away.

"I tried calling her after I got off the phone just to speak to her and she didn't know who I was. I know she gets like this sometimes but they told me it's the worse it's ever gotten." He sobbed.

You leaned over and pulled him into a tight, loving hug. You ran his fingers through your hair as he sobbed into your shoulder, holding onto you tightly.

"It's just, I can't imagine my own mother forgetting about me. I love her too much to lose her. I feel like she's the only one who cares about me too."

"Spence, I'm so sorry to hear that. Maybe you just need to give your mom a while? I'm sorry I'm not good at this, I've never experienced it, but listen to me." You pulled out of the hug and caressed his cheek, "The team and me are all here for you. We love you and care about you so much." He nodded, agreeing with your statement.

"Can we look at my old picture books and can I tell you stories of her, I just need someone to let me speak about her. I feel like that's what's going to make me feel better." He asked, wiping his tears. You nodded and he continued, "Also don't worry about not knowing what to say. You being here makes me feel comforted enough, Y/N/N."

You nodded and watched as he got up to get the picture books. When he got back, he sat next to you and opened it.

He then hesitantly moved closer to you and put his head on your shoulder. Your arm snaked around him and you kissed the top of his curly haired head.

"Well, this is new." you smiled down at him.

"Yeah, I need this and it's actually very comforting."