Undercover

Prompt: You and Spencer despise each other and you guys have to go undercover in a case as a couple.

Relationship: coworkers.

Trigger Warning ⚠️- Gore and cursing

"Ok so who's gonna go undercover so we can catch this son of a bitch?" Derek asked, pushing his finger into the table. For the last couple of days, the team has been in New York City trying time catch a serial killer that preys on happy couples. The profile is that he is a white, middle aged male, that either had a significant other cheat on him or pass away. He's a loner and can't usually "pick up" girls easily. He is angered by that, and this is what triggers him to kill. The couples he has killed have been about 25-30 years old. He stalks at bars to find his victims. He then slashes their throats and dumps the bodies. Every body that has been found was holding hands.

"Well, we need someone younger so you know what that means..." Hotch said, scratching the back of his neck.

You caught on quickly, rolling your eyes, "This is so unfair."

Spencer scoffed, "There's no way in hell I'm pretending to love her for a night."

You crossed your arms across your chest, "So basically, you'd rather another innocent couple die because your stubborn ass won't go undercover with me for one night?"

Spencer sucked in his breath and just whispered out, "I guess I'll do it."

"Ok, so tonight we're going to one of the bars he hasn't gone to in his comfort zone. The rest of us will either be acting as just regular citizens in a bar or as security workers. We will have some backup by the police department and have one sniper on top of the building across the street from the bar. So you will be safe." Hotch explained.

"We really need you guys to really act like you are happy and love each other. Dance a little, order drinks, share food, show some physical touch." Rossi suggested.

You stood there awkwardly. Am I going to have to kiss him?

"You will have to kiss sometimes, don't make it awkward, just for one night please." Rossi said, reading your mind.

You and Spencer just nodded at each other as Hotch handed you ear pieces, "Put these in after you get ready. There will be an uber outside of the hotel at 7:30." You both nodded and went to the hotel to get ready.

JJ helped you do your makeup and it gave you a time to spill how you feel about the situation, "This sucks. We literally both hate each other's guts." You groaned, while putting on red lipstick.

"Have you ever thought that the only reason why you hate each other is because you both have feelings for each other?" JJ asked while straightening your hair.

You gasped, "JJ, the fact that you actually think that makes me sick!" JJ laughed and patted your shoulder. Ever since you joined the BAU, Spencer has hated you. In your first case, you shut down one of his theories. It wasn't anything personal, it's just your theory was right. He hated you after that. After one little thing. You just decided to stop being friendly with him if he was just going to be rude to you back. So, now you give him the same attitude back.

"He's just got a little competition that's all." You started to put on eyeliner for the finishing touches. JJ sprayed hairspray and then you got dressed into a short, black skirt and a red, long sleeved blouse.

"Girl, you look amazing!" JJ smiled, straightening out your blouse.

A knock came from your door and you opened it to see Spencer. He kind of just stared at you at first, looking you up and down. He was wearing a black button down and black pants.

"You wanna say hello or?" You drawled.

Spencer shook his head, "Sorry. Hi, are you ready?" he questioned. You nodded as he lead you to the uber.

When you got inside the car, you both put in your ear pieces.

"Ok, just so this is clear, tonight means nothing to me." Spencer swallowed.

"Yes, I'm aware." You affirmed.

The uber pulled up in front of the bar and Spencer helped you out of the car. You smiled and held onto his arm.

"This is gonna be a nightmare." Spencer whispered.

You sucked in your breath in annoyance, "Get over yourself, it's just one night."

"Guys, cut it out, you're heading into the bar soon." Hotch sternly said into the ear piece.

Spencer opened the door for you and he followed you to the bar. You ordered two shots and you sat down in a booth next to each other.

He put his arm around you and kissed your cheek. You kind of blushed at that, hoping he would think it's just blush. You guys started a small conversation. You made sure to just randomly laugh once in a while to show how happy you are.

You both took the shot of tequila and then got water bottles since you were still on the job.

"You guys see anyone staring at you?" Derek asked after about being there for a half an hour.

You took a quick glance around and you locked eyes with a man sitting at the bar, not too far away from JJ. You smiled to not make it suspicious and he smiled back.

"JJ, look two guys to your left." You whispered, pulling Spencer in for a quick kiss. It sent shivers down your spine. Why am I feeling like this?

"Copy. We have eyes on him. Get up in about twenty minutes and we'll see if he follows you out." Rossi told you both.

You continued your normal acting and then you paid the bartender and headed outside.

"Baby, call a taxi." You smiled, grabbing Spencer's arm again.

He picked up his phone and called Hotch, "Is he near?"

"Yes, taxi for two." Spencer said.

"Ok, go around the corner. Me and Derek are there."

"Ok thank you so much." Spencer hung up the phone and turned to you, "It will be here in 15. Let's turn down here."

You nodded as you started to walk down the alley.

A knife was pressed to both of your backs, "Don't move. Don't scream."

You started to show fear in your faces, giving him what he wanted. After walking down the alley a little more, you lifted up your leg and kicked his knee, knocking him over in pain. Both you and Spencer pulled out your guns and pointed them at him.

The unsub put up his hands in surrender as Hotch and Morgan put him in cuffs.

You turned over to Spencer and smirked, "You wanna start hating me again and make fun of what we just had to do or- "

You were cut off by Spencer's lips crashing against yours. He gently put his hand on your face to pull you in a little closer. He pushed his tongue in for a second and then pulled away.

"God, Y/N, I'm such a dick I'm sorry." Spencer babbled, "Tonight, I realized how much I actually like you. Could we maybe give it a chance?"

You scrunched your nose, "Okay, let us see"