And You Never Saw Him Again.

TRIGGER WARNING ⚠️ MENTIONS OF DRUGS, ADDICTION, DEATH, AND ABUSE.

Another day walking alone in the park. You went to the same park everyday and just walked the trail. Being new to the area, you didn't know anyone. After your big job transfer, you left everything behind and you are now starting a new life in Virginia.

A cold breeze came throughout the air and you shivered a bit, pulling the sweatshirt you had tied around you waist, and putting it on.

You found an empty bench by the lake, and sat down, taking in your surroundings. The sun was just starting to set above the lake, reflecting on the water. You leaned back, and took a deep breath. The past week has been stressful. Moving, getting used to the area, so this was a nice escape.

You felt someone slide onto the bench beside you and you slightly turned your head and gave the man a smile. He returned it, and started to look at the lake too.

"It's beautiful isn't it." You mumbled, moving some hair out of your face.

"It truly is." He replied, looking towards you. You felt him staring and then you met his eyes. He had short, curly brown hair, the cutest nose ever, and full lips. He was wearing a grey cardigan with a white shirt underneath.

"I'm Y/N." You introduced.

"I'm Spencer." he replied, "I haven't seen you around, are you new here?"

"What are you the mayor?" You joked, making him laugh, "Yes, I am. I just moved here from California."

He nodded, "Do you like it here?"

"If I'm being completely honest, I like it so much better here, but I hate the cold weather."

"Don't worry, it's not that bad. Snow is the best."

A comfortable silence fell over you two, "So what brings you here Spencer."

"I needed an escape." He sighed, crossing his leg over the other.

You nodded, "Same here. What's going on in your life?"

"Nothing really. I just work for the Behavioral Analysis Unit and I see murder scenes and I have to do things that I don't want to do sometimes, so I need to come somewhere just to think." He explained.

"Wow, the FBI? That's cool, but also too..." You tried to find the words, "Bloody for me."

He smirked, "Why do you need an escape?"

"I guess to just get away from all the stress. Starting a new job, moving somewhere new, knowing no one."

"I can show you around." He suggested, getting up and reaching his hand out in front of you.

You locked eyes with him and raised your eyebrow, "Right now? It's like-" You looked down at your watch, "7:34?"

"Yes, right now." The sun was just about nearly set behind him.

"What are you gonna take me into an alleyway and... kill me?" You giggled, taking his hand.

"I mean..." He teased, grabbing your waist and pulling you against him, "Do you want me to?"

His face was inches away from you as you started into his caramel eyes, his hot breath against your face.

You blushed, and started to walk again, "Where to?"

"Only the best coffee shop!" he yelled, grabbing your hand and he started to skip. You joined him laughing hard.

Once you finally arrived, you sat down with a hot mocha latte and he got black coffee with 700 sugars. You sat and talked about your lives. It's funny how easy it was to talk to him. You didn't even find it odd what you were doing. Yes, he kind of was a stranger, but you needed someone to be friends with, and you were finding more and more about him as the night went on.

After coffee, he took your hand and showed you some of the shops throughout town. It was pitch black outside now, and only the street lights lit up your way.

He then took you to a library. You both sat down and he started to read. You found out then and there that he could read 20,000 words per minute, had an eidetic memory, had an IQ of 187, and is a genius.

After reading, you both just walked around, hand and hand.

"Can we tell each other really personal things about one and other?" he asked and you nodded.

"My mom has schizophrenia, and I took care of her when I was young. My dad left when I was a kid. At 18, I had to admit my mom, and that was one of the toughest things I have ever done." He explained, never taking his eye off of the pavement in front of him.

"Spence, I'm so sorry. How is she now?" you comforted him.

"She's doing good. She's still in Las Vegas, but she's slowly getting better."

"I was kidnapped a couple years ago, and he gave me drugs, dillaudid. I got addicted after my team got me, but I finally stopped. It was my 4 years sober the other day."

You smiled, "Spencer, that's amazing, I'm so proud of you!" You threw your arms around him and he hugged your tightly.

"I guess it's my turn." you breathed out.

"Don't tell me anything you don't want to say." He reassured you.

You nodded, "After my mom died, my dad got addicted to alcohol. He started to hit me when he was drunk, called me worthless, and other names. When he was sober, he was the nicest person ever, and he never remembered hitting me the night before."

A tear rolled down your cheek, "When I was finally 18, I moved far away for college, and got a restraining order on him and I was emancipated because when I was 17, he didn't even need to be under the influence alcohol to hit me anymore."

Spencer wiped the tears rolling down your face, "Hey, hey. You're so much stronger now. Look at you, your so successful, intelligent, and beautiful."

"Thank you, Spencer. Really. Tonight has been amazing." you whispered.

You looked down at your watch, and saw it was 12:45 in the morning, "Holy crap."

"Let's start walking back to the park, yeah?" Spencer said, grabbing your hand.

As you were walking back, it started to drizzle.

"Crap!" you yelled as the rain started to come down harder.

Spencer grabbed your wrists and took you in the middle of the road.

"You wanna feel something?" he asked, laying down in the middle of the road.

"Spencer!" You giggled, "what if a car comes?"

"Then we die."

You laid down next to him and held his hand, staring at the stars. You then got up and grabbed his hand, helping him get up.

You both stood there, faces so close together you could smell the coffee on his breath. You locked eyes and the rain started to come down even harder.

You looked down at his lips and he pushed his lips against yours. You kissed him back, opening your mouth slightly, letting his tongue push into your mouth slowly. You groaned, deepening the kiss.

His phone started ringing, and he pulled away, "I'm sorry, it might be work." He answered and mumbled a quick, "I'll be there soon."

"Y/N, I'm so sorry. It's work."

You smiled, "It's fine. I'll catch you later." He started to run to his car.

Mesmerized in the moment, you didn't realize that you never got his number.

"Spencer!" You yelled out, running towards his car, but he had already pulled away.

You sighed, and sat down at the bench. You and Spencer's bench.

And that night, you never saw him ever again.

kinda wanna make this into a mini series... 😋