And I'm Never Leaving You.

a/n
Part 2 of "And You Never Saw Him Again."

TRIGGER WARNING ⚠️
mentions of abuse, death, depression, and a slight bit of just making out, not smut.

You walked into your office, smoothing down your skirt and looking in the mirror. It's been 3 years since that night, and you wondered if Spencer ever thought about you.

The truth is, you never wanted it to end like this. That night, you got a call from your grandmother that your dad had passed away. Even though he abused you, it still hurt because you still had good memories of him.

After you went back home for the funeral, you found a better job offer in New York City. After that, you wrote 2 books that both hit over a million purchases.

You tried to contact Spencer. It was easy to find him on the internet, but he never responded. You didn't tell him why you left, plus after he didn't respond once, you got the hint he didn't want to see you. You decided to just move on with your life.

It's funny how that one night changed your life. It changed your life because every date you went on, all you thought about was Spencer. The book you wrote was about you and Spencer. So, you never moved on. You thought about him everyday. You wondered how he was. If he had moved on, how his mom was, you thought about everything.

So, when you walked past the FBI building in NYC, your jaw dropped. There he stood. His hair was longer now, and had messier curls. He had grown a bit, and he wasn't wearing a sweater vest, he was wearing a suit.

You locked eyes with him and you quickly turned away, and started walking in the other direction.

He caught up to you and grabbed your arm, catching his breath, "Y/N?"

You smiled, "Hi Spencer."

He shook his head and smiled, "Long time no see."

"Yeah, well if you would've answered your email then we could've met up." You replied coldly, turning away from him.

"Wait, the one on the internet?"

"Yes, the one that comes up when I search up your name." You crossed your arms protectively over your chest and rolled your eyes, tapping your foot on the pavement. People rushed around the both of you.

"I'm so sorry, I don't actually have email. That's the one they have set up for me when we get cases, any other emails are brought into the junk bin and I don't look at those." He apologized.

You breathed out, he didn't mean to not reply.

"I've never stopped thinking about you." He whispered, "Where did you go?"

"That's a long story for another time. I'm guessing your here on a case?" He nodded, "Here's my number, text me when it's over and you can come over and catch up." You put your number into his phone, "I'll see you later." You started walking off in the other direction, towards your office building.

——————

Unknown Number: Hey, it's Spencer. Case is over, can I see you?

You smiled at your phone, putting down your wine glass and replying:

You: Of course, here's my address.

When three knocks came at your door, you jumped off the couch and ran over to the door.

"Hi." You spoke, letting him inside, "Wine?"

He put his hand up slightly, "No, no. I'm not much of a drinker."

You nodded, sitting on the couch next to him.

"There's so many things I need and want to tell you." He breathed out, "I've never stopped thinking about you. From the day I left you, you never left my mind. I went back to the park bench after the case, and I waited for you, hoping you would come. I went there every night for a month. I was upset you never showed. I tried to look out for you whenever I was out and about. I couldn't go to my favorite spots anymore because I took you there to them and I missed you too much. That night changed my life, these past three years, you changed my life. It's funny because I always scold myself for falling in love with someone so fast, and even after one night, but at the same time I think it was just meant to be."

You sat there astonished, tears welling up in your eyes, "Spencer, you took the words out of my mouth." You shakily breathed, grabbing has hands, "The only reason why I left is because my dad had a kidney failure and died. I fell into a depression and lived with my grandmother, I didn't leave the house. I started going to therapy and now I'm a successful author. I know you probably think I'm ridiculous because he abused me, but I still have good childhood memories."

"Y/N, I'm so sorry about your dad. No, I don't think your ridiculous, our minds always see the good in people." He pulled you into a hug as you sobbed into his shoulder, "But why did you never come back to Virginia?"

"I got a job in the big apple, hence why I live here. After I regained confidence in myself and got happier, I put a few drafts out and this was the highest paying job with the best editors, so I had to take it."

He nodded and put his palm on your cheek, "You're so beautiful." You blushed, "And strong."

"That reminds me what you said to me that night." You softly said, leaning into his palm, "But enough about me, catch me up on your life."

"Well, last year I was caught crossing the boarder getting medicine for my mom. I was drugged and put into a car with even more drugs and the police found me. I was set up. They took me to jail and then I was transferred back to the United States, where I then went to a high security prison, when I was supposed to be in protective custody. I did some bad things to survive, but that's in the past." Spencer explained, running his fingers through his hair.

"Spencer," You sighed, "Why were you set up?"

"A psychopath that I handled a year before I was sent to prison wanted to get revenge on me, so that's how she did it." He chuckled, "It sounds very funny, it's just the consequences the job brings."

You smiled, leaning your head onto his shoulder, "How's your mom?"

"She's actually getting a little better, she's at a home again and she has her good days and her bad days."

"That's good, Spence." You leaned closer into his chest, breathing in his scent. Still the same cologne.

You both sat there in peaceful silence, letting each other sink into each other's embraces.

You sat up, and grabbed his face softly, looking into his eyes. He looked down at your lips and you leaned in softly, taking his lips onto yours. You kissed him slowly, smiling into the kiss. He started to unbutton your white shirt. You pulled away, taken back by his actions.

"I- I'm sorry. I should've asked." He stuttered.

"No, no." You pecked his lips softly and reassuringly, "Continue." You pulled him back into a kiss, and he continued to unbutton your shirt.

"Bedroom." he whispered, picking you up and you wrapped your legs around his waist.

———————

The next morning, you woke up on Spencer's chest, both still naked from the night before. Your heart fluttered at thinking what happens between you two.

His eyes fluttered open and he looked down at you, "Good morning."

"Morning" you kissed his lips, and laid back down on his chest.

"I'm so happy we found each other again." He whispered, nuzzling his face against your hair.

"Promise you'll never leave me and you'll love me forever?" you held up your pinky.

He chuckled, locking his pinky with yours, "I promise I'll love you forever and I'm never leaving you." he promised.

You both never broke that promise.