A tiny bit of jealousy

Prompt: Spencer thinks you like Derek and starts to grow jealous and insecure.

Relationship: best friends.

While at Rossi's annual team party, you sat at the fireplace with Derek, both sipping wine.

"I mean, mama, that shot was great!" Derek complimented you, leaning on the back of the couch.

You giggled, "Thank you, kicking down doors and stuff seems good for you too." you teased.

"Hey, I do other stuff too, and leave it to the big guns, alright?" Derek teased back. You got up and squeezed his muscles playfully and then went to go get more wine.

When you got up, you turned and saw Spencer was staring at you. You turned your head to the side and walked over to him, "Hello." You smiled, taking a sip of you wine.

He only raised his eyebrows, turning back to his book, "Y'know, you're the only person I know that would bring a book to a party."

He nodded, not saying anything. You huffed, "Spencer, what's wrong?" you asked, adjusting the straps on your pink, tight dress.

Spencer just turned away, "Go talk to Derek or something."

You raised your eyebrows, "Spence what? I'm not allowed to talk to my co-workers?"

He shrugged and then ignored you. You scoffed and got up, waking and finding JJ.

You pulled her outside and you both sat down, "What's wrong?" she asked, moving a piece of hair away from my face.

"What's up with Spencer. He's being a dick." You mumbled.

"Were you talking to Derek and did he see you?" she asked, basically explaining the story.

With a shocked expression you nodded and she sighed, "Oh y/n, I don't understand why you don't see it."

"See what, J?" you asked.

"See that he's like madly in love with you. He tells me all the time he gets jealous when you talk to Morgan because he thinks you're interested in him. He also always says that he's way out of your league and too shy for you."

You bit your lip, "Derek and I are like brother and sister. He's the one that got me into the BAU. We were friends in college. But, me and Spence have something... different."

"Elaborate please." JJ asked.

"With Spencer, I don't ever feel judged. Plus, it's easy to just see him, smile, and feel warm inside. His presence makes me feel safe and just being close to him makes me feel at home. I can come over anytime of day or night and he'd be there for me, and the same goes for me to him. JJ, I love Spencer. I love my best friend." You confessed.

JJ smiled and patted your knee, "You're telling him right now and I'm going to get him whether you like it or not." She got up and started running to find him. You tried to tell her to stop, but she was already inside.

Spencer walked out, hands in his pockets, "Hey, what's up?"

"Hi, um. JJ made me realize something tonight and I just wanted to tell you it." You started picking at the skin around your nails, a old habit of yours when you are nervous.

"Well you know I'm always here to listen, " he grabbed your hands, "Stop doing that. It's just me, nothing to be nervous about." he said softly.

You sighed, tears forming in your eyes, "See, this is why I'm in love with you. You're so caring and-"

Spencer interrupted, "Wait, you love me?"

You placed a hand over your mouth, "Oh my god. I said it." He nodded.

"Well, she made me realize that everything is just so easy with you. You just care about me so much and you being around makes me feel safe. When I look at you, my heart flutters and I get this weird feeling in my stomach. Basically, I get so nervous around you." Spencer wiped the tears from your face and smiled.

"Y/n, I've felt the same way about you for a while. One day, there was this feeling in me when you walked through the doors of the BAU one morning. We had gotten close over the last 2 years, but when I saw you and your smile after seeing Henry, I knew I loved you. I always have this determination to keep you safe and comfortable. I always look out for you wherever we are and I always want to know where you are at all times. I can't imagine losing you."

You pulled Spencer in for a hug and you sobbed lightly into his shoulder.

"So, Genius, wanna take me out on a date?" You giggled as he nodded and kissed your cheek.