I Don't Know You Yet

Season 8 Spoilers

Prompt: You are the only person Spencer wants to help him through Maeve's death.

Relationship: Best friends.

a/n
This is inspired by the song "Idk you yet."

Another day of walking up to Spencer's door just to knock and see if he says anything.

A week ago, Spencer's girlfriend was shot in the head in front of him. You could only imagine what he was going through.

"Hey, Spence. It's Y/N. Just checking in. Daily check ins." You spoke, smoothing out your hair, "We miss you and love you. Call us whenever you're ready to talk." You leaned your head on his door.

When Spencer told you about Maeve, you felt like you got shot in the chest fifteen times. You had grown a liking to Spencer and hearing he was interested in someone else really disappointed you; but you just wanted him to be happy so you smiled and told him how awesome that was.

"Can you do something that tells me your okay?" You asked, as you sat beside his door.

He knocked from the other side of the door and your mouth turned into a slight frown, "C'mon, I want to hear you." you pleaded.

Silence.

"I know I'm annoying, but I miss you. A lot. Like I don't think you realize how much I miss you."

Still silence.

"Ooh! I have a good idea!" You declared, "I'm gonna sing till you open the door or speak."

Flashback

At your favorite karaoke bar, you sang in front of the whole BAU team. Your voice cracked every other word and the tone was just off. Basically, you sucked at singing.

After the song was over, you walked over to Spencer, "Stick to catching psychopaths please." he laughed.

So, you started singing "What the hell" by Avril Lavigne.

Two seconds later of awful singing, the door opened. You looked up from your siting position and looked into his eyes.

His eyes has dark eye bags underneath them and they were red from crying. He had a slight stubble on his chin and the messiest flop of hair you've ever seen on him. He still hadn't changed out of his clothes from the day, so you got the hint that he hasn't showered. He was fairly skinnier than before.

You stood up and didn't know what to do, "Hi." you breathed out.

He walked back into his apartment, leaving the door open. You walked in and took a look around. Books from his many bookshelves were scattered along the floor. A chair was knocked over, and many pieces of decoration was on the floor.

You watched as he sat on the couch, emotionless. So, you started to clean his apartment, knowing nothing might come out of his mouth yet, and that was okay.

So, you picked up the books, the chair, and the decorations in a matter of an hour.

"I'm ordering chinese food. Do you want your usual?" you asked, turning to face him. He didn't say anything so you just ordered it anyway.

"Spence, you don't have to respond, but why don't you go take a bath or something." You whispered, standing in front of him.

He finally stood up and made him way to the bathroom, slowly closing the door.

You then texted Hotch and told him that you finally got to see Spencer and couldn't be able to come into work today. He texted back immediately and told you that it was perfectly fine and he was happy you were there to help him.

The food arrived a couple minutes later, so you knocked on the bathroom door, "Hey. The foods here."

You leaned your ear against the door and heard him sobbing. You opened the door and saw him sitting with his legs to his chest and his head on his knees, you couldn't see anything.

"Spence." You whispered, sitting next to him. You started to slowly rub his back, watching as he slowly started to calm down.

"Get dressed and come eat with me." You softly said, watching as he nodded. You went out of the bathroom door and started to eat.

He came out moments later and sat down next to you and slowly started eating. A silence stayed in the air as you two ate.

"Do you want to talk about it?" You asked as you washed the dishes.

"How can I miss someone so much that I only saw once." he croaked out.

You turned around and saw his head in his hands.

"It's okay to miss someone. And you miss her so much because even though you only met once, you talked to her every week."

"I'm in so much pain, Y/N." He sobbed.

"I know. It's hard to lose someone. But we're here for you. You just need to open up to us and get everything out. Keeping everything inside of you is only going to make everything worse.

"It's my fault she died. I shouldn't have made her risk her life to meet me." he mumbled, "I hate myself for it."

"Do not blame this on you. It isn't your fault that she had a stalker. She had every right to not see you. She risked her life on her own. Do not hate yourself for it. This is a shit situation, but you didn't pull the trigger."

He nodded, pulling you into a hug, "Thank you." he whispered.

"You don't have to thank me. I'm here for you and so is the rest of the team."

For the next couple of weeks, you moved in with Spencer and helped him out. He slowly returned back to work and slowly turned happy again. He just needed the little talks and encouragement and he was back to himself.

Spencer Reid x Reader oneshots On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara