Chapter One

What extent can you possibly do for your best friend? Is your friendship stronger than any problems that you two might cross?

Hello everyone, I'm Cheryl Blossom, and I'm about to tell you the story of my best friend and I.

Archie Andrews and I is actually the best of friends since forever. He's the only friend I have, because my twin, Jason, is always busy being with dad, talking about the maple business of our family. And I'm not really interested about that. And as for my mom, she left us right after we're born. I never got the chance to meet her. I don't even know what she looks like. All that my dad tells about her is that she's having lots of sexual intercourse with random men. That's why Nana Rose is the only person in the house that I often talk to. But of course, I still want a friend with the same age as mine to understand me completely. And then Archie is an only child, and by the time he's longing for a friend as much as I do, we found each other.

I'm not going to lie, I secretly have a crush on him ever since. I mean, who's not going to like that sweet voice of his and strong arms that he have. But he never really noticed it because all he's focused on is winning Veronica Lodge's heart.

Veronica Lodge's family is the richest family here in Riverdale. Veronica transferred here in Sophomore Year. And ever since, Archie talked to me about nothing but her.
I honestly have no idea what Archie saw in her because she's a lost cause and will have nothing without her family's riches. But she's beautiful, hot and a badass so everybody liked her.

But since it's Archie, he of course get Veronica say yes to be his girlfriend. They became the most popular couple here on campus. They're inseparable! So whenever Archie is, there's Ronnie. And I'm basically out of place.

Because of the bitterness that I feel on the two of them, I became inspired to make my own reputation. So I auditioned the cheerleading team of Riverdale High called the 'River Vixens' handled by Polly Cooper, which is my twin's girlfriend. And of course, I got in! And since I pull strings with our head cheerleader, she made me the HBIC of the River Vixens after she graduated. And now, I'm basically the most famous girl in our campus.

But that doesn't mean that I've already moved on about my feelings for Archie. Luckily, I met this girl named Toni Topaz. I basically tell her everything including my bitterness towards Archie and Veronica. She understands me more than anyone else. And suddenly, we realized that we actually like each other more than friends. So we started dating and our relationship is picture-perfect.

Archie supported my relationship with Toni and I started to be happy for him and Ronnie. I actually became close friends with Veronica since she tried out for cheerleading. And of course, I accepted her.

I thought that I'm already happy with our situation, but then...

Cheryl, have you seen Ronnie today? Archie asked while panicking.

I haven't seen her today, why? Hasn't she text you? I asked.

No, not at all. I'm worried about her. Archie said.

Okay, calm down. I'm going to text her. I'm sure that she's okay so no need to be worried at all. I said.

But it's been a week and we still haven't got any update from her. But suddenly...

*ring ring*

My phone rang and I saw Veronica calling me.

Veronica, where the hell have you been? We've been so worried about you? I said with a high-pitched.

I'm fine, Cheryl. And please, tell your folks there to stop flooding me messages. I'm here in New York now. I won't be able to make it to graduation because the college I applied needs me now. She said then she hanged up.

That bitch! Archie is very worried about her then that's what she's only going to say?! Archie deserves so much better. But how am I supposed to say that to Archie? I hope that Ronnie called him already so I won't feel obligated to share him the news.

After that, I've looked around the campus to look for Archie. And as expected, I found him in the music room where Ronnie and him do their fun. It's their spot. And he looks very depressed since Ronnie's sudden disappearance. He hasn't talked to anyone since then, so I feel very nervous talking to him now.

So I knocked on the door so he could know that I'm there.

Come in! He shouted.

As I opened the door, I sensed a foul smell coming inside the music room. It's like a body odor... Is that Archie? Did he seriously didn't took a bath because of that bitch?!

Archie, how are you doing? I asked concernedly.

I need my Ronnie, Cheryl. He said while crying.

Archie, Veronica's in New York now. She said that she won't be able to make it to graduation because the college she applied needs her now. I explained.

Then I don't want to live anymore...not without her. He said while crying.

Oh, poor Archie. If he just know that his Ronnie doesn't care about him. But I need to be a friend to him. Now's not the time to be reckless in my words. I need to be sensitive considering his condition now. So I just decided to reach for his hands to let him know that we will get through this together. But as I reach his hands, I noticed that there are fresh wound below his palm.

Archie, don't tell me that you hurt yourself just for that woman. I said furiously.

Why do you even care?! It's my body, Cheryl. My life! He shouted at me.

I'm sorry, I didn't mean that. I said.

So I think of an idea to cheer my best friend up. I hate seeing him like this. No sunshine in his eyes, no joy in his smile, no positivity in his life. So without thinking, I said a phrase that I would change my life.

Hey, cheer up! I came in here to inform you that Ronnie texted me last night, and she said that she will be here on Saturday to spend the night with you. She wasn't here for so long because she's preparing for this moment very seriously. But that's it, okay? 'Cause all you've been asking is closure, right? I said with a fake smile.

Yes! Thanks, Cheryl! I knew it. My Ronnie wouldn't leave me just like that. He said while giving me a very tight hug.