Chapter Fourteen

So as you know, after Archie and I fought, he immediately left. So, it's just Chelsea and I who's left in the hospital.

It's been days after Chelsea's blood transfusion, the doctors said that they still need to run some tests on her before letting her go.

Hey, honey, how are you feeling? I whispered.

I'm fine now, mommy. But who saved me? Chelsea asked.

It's Archie, hun. He saved your life again. I asked while trying to hold my tears.

Where is he? I should thank him! Chelsea said enthusiastically.

You don't need to, baby. He already knows that you're thankful. I said.

But I want to thank him personally. He saved my life! That's what you taught me, mommy. Chelsea said.

I'm sorry, but he doesn't want to see me. I said while tears started to fall in my eyes.

Why, mommy? Chelsea asked concernedly.

Because I keep you from him. I said.

What does that mean? Chelsea asked innocently.

Chelsea, remember when you saw all your classmates with their parents in your friend's party? You asked me why you're the only one who has two moms and has no dad. I told you that you don't have one, because you're special. But mommy lied, you have a father... And that's Archie. I said while I'm crying.

Don't cry, mommy. I'm not mad, but I want to see Archie. Chelsea said.

Me too, sweetheart. But we can't... Someday, you'll understand. I said, then she just gave me a disappointed face.

We just spent a couple more days in the hospital before they discharged Chelsea. My daughter isn't talking to me that entire time because she's really upset that she can't see her father. I can't do anything to make her feel good, so I just let her ignore me because I know that it'll last too.

And then suddenly, I got a text from Toni.

The suspect for Chelsea's accident has been sent to jail for good. She texted.

Thanks, Toni. It wouldn't happen if it wasn't for you. I owe you a big time. I replied.

But she didn't reply after that.

And when we went out of the hospital, Chelsea and I went home. I fixed our things because tonight is our flight back to Pasadena. But I had to leave Chelsea for the mean time because I have a few more things to fix.

I immediately went to Toni's grandfather's house because I know that I can find her there.

I knocked on the door nervously. And when it opened, I saw Toni in front of me.

Cheryl, what are you doing here? Toni asked in a surprised face.

I came here to see you. I want to talk. I said.

So she let me in there house and brought me to her bedroom.

What do you want to talk about? Toni asked while crossing her arms.

Look, what you knew back in the hospital is just a small point of view. I want give you the bigger picture if you'll let me. I said.

Fine. Toni said with a poker face.

So I explained everything to her...

Look, I'm glad to understand everything, but there's no way that we're getting back together. Toni said while standing up.

Why? Look, if I could turn back time, I won't cheat on you... EVER! I said while tearing up.

Won't you? It's bound to happen! I know that you love Archie very much, and what happened between you two is a dream come true for you... I'm trying to be oblivious about it because I love you, but I just can't anymore. Toni said while walking out.

Babe, I'm sorry! I exclaimed while I'm on my knees.

Babe, I am forgiving you because I love you. But also because I love you, I am letting you go. I know that you won't be happy with me as much as you do with Archie. Toni said while lifting me up.

Don't do this to me, Tee-Tee. I love you very much. I said while crying.

I know you do, babe. But not as much as you do with Archie. Because if you do, you won't be able to do that. She said while tearing up.

Babe, I can't leave without you... I won't be able to raise Chelsea, or even graduate if it wasn't for you! I said with my voice cracking.

You can leave without me, Cheryl. I'm not the one. And I'm sure that if Archie knew it beforehand, he'll make a better companion than I did. Toni said.

Don't be like that, we still have a flight to catch tonight, right? I said while weeping.

Babe, look... Every time you see me doing something with somebody else, always remember that I'd always rather do it with you. You'll forever be the love of my life. But we're not meant to be. I'll go back to Pasadena by my own because there's where I belong, and you stay here with Archie and the job that suits you... Now, go and get your man! Toni said.

He doesn't love me, Toni. I don't want to interfere into his relationship with Veronica. I said while wiping my tears.

Cheryl, it's now or never. You'll regret this forever if you didn't tell him how you really feel. Toni said while patting my back.

You're right, Toni. Thank you. Just don't forget to visit me and Chelsea every time, okay? I said while getting ready to go.

I'll never forget to visit my two favorite girls. Toni shouted.

I just smiled at her and then I immediately left their house.

I hopped in my car and texted Archie to meet me at our favorite place.

Meanwhile... (Archie's POV)

When I walked out of the hospital, I immediately went to my parents' house and explained everything to them. I cooled off my mind a little before seeing Veronica. But when I'm ready, I barged in Pembrooke and confronted her.

Ronnie, why didn't you tell me that I have a kid? I asked aggressively.

What are you talking about? You know that I've been pregnant, and I miscarried it. Veronica said confusedly.

Not our baby, me and Cheryl's. I said.

Oh, you knew about that? Veronica asked with a disappointing face.

Just cut the crap and tell me why! I shouted.

She told me not to tell you! She shouted back.

And you just followed what she said without thinking rational? It's my child! I have the right to know about her. I shouted furiously and then I thrower my phone violently.

That's what I thought at first, but I thought to myself that if you'll know, you'll leave me for them. Won't you? Because you and Cheryl had a child, and ours is a failure. And that accident happened between you two because of me being a crappy girlfriend. Veronica shouted.

I wasn't able to speak after what Veronica says. I realized how good of a friend Cheryl was to me. And all I did back was took her for granted. I also realized that I love her but I became blinded because of what I thought 'love' is with Veronica... I would never survive my 21 years of existence without Cheryl by my side. She and Chelsea is all I need.

Look, I'm sorry for shouting at you- Veronica is trying to say something but I cut her off immediately.

What day is it? I asked.

What? It's Friday. Veronica replied.

Shoot! Tonight is there flight. I have to get there. I said then I rushed outside.

A/N: Just one more chapter and this story is done, once and for all 💜