Chapter Fifteen

I drove my car as fast as I could to go to the place where Archie and I's favorite tree used to be planted.

I waited and waited for his response in my text, but he didn't. He didn't even read it. So instead, I just waited him here.

I waited for hours... Just sitting on the ground alone.

I am starting to lose hope. Maybe he doesn't really want to see me anymore. I feel so dumb... waiting in here like a loser.

I thought to myself that maybe I should just go and come back with Toni in Pasadena. It's not yet too late if I would rush to go to the airport. At least there, I have a life that's waiting for me.

I'll try to call Archie one last time. If he won't answer, then I'll go.

So I dialed his number, but of course, he didn't answer. I guess that it's my cue to go.

But before I go, I decided to play Archie and I's favorite song "Songbird" for the last time. I know that I won't come back here ever again, so I just want to savor this moment for one last time.

Meanwhile...

I drove my car in a very high speed to get in the airport on time.

I really want to see Cheryl. I can't lose her this time. I want to tell her how I really feel. Because if I won't... I guarantee that I'll regret it for the rest of my life.

When I get there, I parked my car carelessly.

I rushed to go inside to find if the flight going to Pasadena already aboard.

And when I saw it, I noticed that the flight to Pasadena already left 10 minutes ago.

I felt really hopeless in that moment.

I just crashed to the floor and cry.

I can't do anything now. All I want is to spend the rest of my life with Cheryl and Chelsea. But it's not possible now. I exclaimed.

I know that there's nothing I can do now. So what I did is just go back to Cheryl and I's hiding spot whenever I feel sad. At least there, I could feel her presence. I also played the song "Songbird" in my car while driving.

I reminisced all the moments we spent together. I regret everything I've done to her. She's the best thing that's ever been mine, how could I not see that?

And when I got out of the car, I immediately heard the "Songbird" being played.

Didn't I turned my radio off? I asked myself.

But when I opened my car, I noticed that the sound isn't coming from there.

And then, I heard a girl's voice crying.

No, Archie, it's just hallucinations. No one is hear because only you and Cheryl know about this place. I thought to myself.

And when I started walking towards the tree, I noticed that there's a red-headed girl sitting on the ground with her hands on her face.

No, that can't be Cheryl! She already left 10 minutes ago. I shouted.

And when she removed her hands off her face, probably because she heard me, I noticed that it's...

Cheryl?! I shouted.

Archie?! She shouted back.

I immediately ran to hug her.

What are you doing here?! I thought that you don't want to see me anymore? She asked confusedly.

Don't want to see you anymore? I went in the airport looking for you.

But why aren't you answering your phone? She asked.

Shoot! You texted me? I'm sorry, I broke it when I got into a fight with Ronnie. I explained.

And we both laughed.

Why are you here? Aren't you supposed to leave tonight? I asked.

Yes, I do. But I chickened out when I realized that I don't want to leave. But I'm about to leave after "Songbird" stopped playing because I lost hope on seeing you here.

I'm glad that you didn't. Look, there's so many things I want to tell you. I'm so sorry- I'm trying to say something but she stopped me.

Shh. I know that already, and I'm already forgiving you. Why don't you just shut up and kiss me while our favorite song is still playing? She whispered.

So with no doubt, I immediately kiss her passionately... for long, this time.

🎶And the songbirds keep singing, like they know the score🎶

I love you, Cheryl. I said.

I love you more, Archie. She said.

Why don't we continue this in Five Seasons? I whispered sassily.

Okay, let's have our first. Cheryl said.

First? I asked confusedly.

Technically, this is our first because we're now both aware. She said.

Then we both laughed.

Chelsea would be so happy about this. She really wants to see you. But now, she could spend the rest of her life with you. She said.

She'll also be happy to have a baby sister/brother. I said.

Then Cheryl punched my hand as a joke.

🎶And I love you, I love you, I love you
Like never before, like never before, like never before🎶

A/N: Here's where this story ends. Thank you so much for reading this story! I really appreciate it. This is my first story which I'm actually proud of, and I'm overwhelmed from the support I'm getting. 'Til next time!💜