II - Sage

Excuse all mistakes

"Yo Sage," Sage turned around to see Traevon and Kentrell skipping down the hallway towards her

"Yo Sage," Sage turned around to see Traevon and Kentrell skipping down the hallway towards her. They were an annoying best friend duo. She couldn't seem to catch a break with these two.

"Where have you been all my life baby?" Kentrell said reaching in for a hug which she quickly dodged.

"Hiding from you," Sage mugged him snatching back her Sprayground backpack from Traevon who had snatched it out of her hands.

"Damn girl. Lemme try," Traevon said lightly hitting Kentrell in his chest twice with the back of his hand.

"Sage baby, when you go let me hit?"

"When yo daddy return from the store."

"Yo daddy went to the store too Traevon," A new coming Jojo exclaimed putting his arm around Sage's shoulder, "my daddy been at the store for 13 years. He must be the manager. I'ma have to stop by and ask for free groceries sometimes."

"Get yo hand off my shoulder and get the fuck on. I'll hit you in yo shit and send your ass to the nurse."

"You so violent bae," Traevon licked his lips, "my type of girl."

"Sage you coming or not?" Gina shouted as she headed for the parking lot through the school's double doors.

"I'm coming," Sage shouted back as she walked away from the three mosquitoes. Mosquito fitted better than musketeer.

"So you're just gonna walk away like that baby," Sage heard Traevon say behind her.

"Yeah," Kentrell sided with Traevon, "won't even give yo nigga a kiss."

"Bye hoes," Sage wiggled her fingers.

"Bye baby," Shaw heard Kentrell and Traevon say in unison. She rolled her eyes.
•••
Gina dropped Sage off at her house before heading home. It was no surprise that Sage was home alone again.

Her mom the COO of some big shot insurance company, Cole Insurance CO and her dad was a renowned surgeon who flew out to Maine to perform a surgery on a retired athlete.

They were both fairly young. Both being thirty-eight. Sage's mom had her in her last year of college and she always told Sage about how she with Sage's dad struggled for a bit with finances and juggling both school and a baby. Her little brother, Alijah was born some ten years later. He was currently over the neighbor's house where he went every evening until their parents or Sage had come home. Sage was supposed to be picking him up today.

"Mrs Evans," Sage knocked twice on her door. She was a retired elementary school teacher. Her only child, Marcus Evans, was a US senator and wanted to send her to a nursing home but instead she convinced him to simply buy her a house. She told him she'd be okay and that he didn't have to check up on her.

"Sage honey, you're here," she opened the door. The smell of oatmeal cookies wafted up Sage's nose. Sage entered the house and closed the door behind her.

"Sage," Alijah exclaimed before running towards Sage and hugging her waist. She picked him up and sighed. He was getting too big and was sure to give her back problems.

"Hey AJ. What did you and Mrs Evans do today?"

"We watched the lion king on tv."

"Without me," Sage put on an expression of surprise.

"I didn't know you were gonna be home so quick. If I had known I'd wait for you."

"It's okay AJ. Get your bag." Alijah went to get his bag.

"How have you been Mrs Evans? Are you taking your medications and insulin as prescribed?"

"Yes baby," Mrs Evans smiled, "I take them everyday."

"Make sure Mrs Evans," Sage gave her a look, "I don't want anything happening to you or else you and I will have a problem."

Mrs Evans smiled.

"I hear you baby."

"Sage I'm ready," AJ stood there with his Batman backpack on.

"I baked some cookies," Mrs Evans handed Sage a plate filled with cookies, "take it."

"Thank you," Sage hugged her, "I'll see you tomorrow."

"Bye little AJ," Mrs Evans waved.

"Bye Mrs Evans. I'll see you tomorrow," AJ chirped.

Sage closed the door behind her.

"Go A," Sage pushed him lightly when he stopped suddenly.

"I'm going. Damn," he hissed. Sage rolled my eyes. He was so two faced. He acted sweet and nice in front of adults but he was a meanie behind closed doors.

"So why did you stop?"

"Stop asking me questions you big headed fuck. I had to tie my laces."

"Whatever," Sage pushed him face down into the gravel and headed inside the house, "and my head isn't big."

He got up dusting off his uniform.

"I don't know who you have at school fooling you," he mumbled.

                               •••••••

It was about eight o'clock when Sage heard a knock on my door. Alijah pushed the door open. When their parents weren't home he slept in her room with her.

"Come in A," Sage said to him. He closed the door behind him before climbing into bed with her.

"You're so mouthy for someone who still sleeps with his older sister," Sage put her arm around him.

"Shut up Sage," he mugged her, "You just caught me slipping."

Sage laughed.

"You sure do slip a lot."

••••••••

How was the chapter?

Make sure to vote, comment and share.

SinSomeMore

July 24, 2020