Damn Hot

This chapter is dedicated to @senorita289, whose been an absolute ball of sunshine.

Also, you know what to do, do vote if this chapter made you smile at any point of time.

.

"It's just a one turn game, no best of three or five or seven..."

"Yeah, yeah we get it." Rachel was rudely interrupted by Sam.

Rachel did a throat slitting action and pointed towards Sam, Sam just scoffed and muttered a cavewoman under his breath, "What was that, say it aloud, you mphhhh" Adam covered Rachel's mouth and pulled her back, and whispered something in her ear, she blushed a deep shade of red, he didn't let go of her, "Now whose up with the PDA?" I muttered, "So you do consider what we had before as a display of affection." Sam smirked at me, "Shut up, the A in PDA, for our case earlier stands for arrogance, your arrogance." he smirked again, goddd. "Our case, huh, I like the sound of that." he replied, why does he have to be so cocky?

"Yes, our case, where I murder you, cut your body into pieces, and hide them in different cities!"

"So, this is what you are thinking when all quite and shy." With a smirk, AGAIN.

"Okay let's start, we have Rachel the Destructor on Team HIMYM and Sam the...." I cut Adam and say "the cocky bastard on Team FRIENDS, and he's gonna knock you guys dead."

"I like the name and the belief you have in me, won't let you down." he said and winked at me. I just glared at him in return.

"Rock, paper, scissors" Rachel and Sam said, and....

Adam jumped from the couch and started hooting, Rachel was screaming on the top of her voice, if you didn't realize by now, they won, cocky bastard here, went for rock whereas Rachel covered him up with paper. These guys are celebrating as if they won a goddamn Olympic medal. I dont like losing, Im being unreasonable, I know, and Im allowed to.

"Weren't you guys going to knock us dead" she laughed pointing at us.

I turned to Sam and slapped his shoulder "What happened to your, I never lose, now see, they won." I said mimicking his voice, and looked at Adam and Rachel putting on HIMYM.

"First of all, I don't sound anything like that, second it's just a game, cheer up."

"Cheer up my ass, and what's with you and you know your counting out points while talking, first of all, second of all, two things Jessica, three things Jessica", I again mimicked his voice.

"I don't sound like that..."

"Yes, you do"

"No, I don't"

"You do"

"I don't"

"You do"

"I don't"

"You do"

"I don't"

"You do"

"No. I'm not wrong"

"Yes, you're wrong"

"No. I'm not hot"

"Yes, you're damn hot"

"I know"

"No, wait, what? No! you tricked me into it, you narcissist!" I can't believe I fell for that, not that anything you said is not true, ughh subconscious.

I took the slice of my pizza and sat on the love seat, making sure nobody else could fit in here, or especially someone. Adam and Rach were enjoying themselves watching their favourite show, on the couch, I think Adam really likes Rachel, just look at them, Im so happy for my bitch. Sam drags out the bean bag, and sits in front of me at a distance. We are having this stare off, usually I can't stare at someone for long, I always lose, but shit just escalated here, I am not backing off. I continued looking him in the eye, actually glaring, and took a bite of my pizza and chew on it slowly, trying to be intimidating, key word trying. He picked on a pepperoni from his pizza, bit on it slowly while maintaining eye contact with me and started chewing on it. Mahn! this guy is probably responsible for more than half of the global warming. So, he really is hot, huh.

"These pizzas are still, so hot." the idiot spoke.

"They're not even close to hot, maybe you're just not hot enough to match its hotness." I countered.

"Are you implying that Im cool, because something which is not hot is automatically cool." Every time he said hot, he stressed on it.

"Room temperature, room temperature is less than hot, and that's what you're; just room temperature."

"Talking about room temperature, man it's damn hot in here!" he said, lifting his collar and moving it a little, the gesture in itself was so hot, but I would never say that aloud, never!

"Why don't you go out then, it's raining heavily."

"Why don't you join me then"

"I'm fine here, why don't you go alone"

"Because then, getting wet in the rain won't be hot if you're not there, with me."

My brain lost it's connection with my mouth, after processing what he said, and I looked away from him. I lost again. By now we were standing right in front of each other, so close. I guess we just got carried away while arguing. I can still feel him looking at him, I won't look up at him, no, instead I chose to compare my shoes with his sneakers. Hmm, nice sneakers.

"I thought you were feeling hot man, why would you want to feel hot even after going out in the rain, care to explain?" Adam asked with a wicked smile on his face. Sam turned to him, I took this as a chance and glanced at him and went back to sit on my love seat. Rachel snickered and wiggled her eyebrows at me, she's definitely not going to let me live this one down.

I heard Sam answer a no to Adam's question. I looked up and saw Sam was back on the bean bag, staring down, there was a slight curve on his lips, you almost couldn't see it. Of course, he'd enjoy this, he looked up and our eyes met, no not playing this game anymore. I turned to the TV, and had a new found interest in HIMYM, anything is better than staring at him currently.

"Sam, weren't you in California, and you said you'll continue there. What's with the sudden change of plans?" Rachel asked. I remember her telling me that. I'm curious now.

"Didn't like it there" he said, then looked at me, "I like it here." Dear god, I felt a thousand butterflies come out of their chrysalis and fly in my stomach. The seriousness in his voice, the dark shade of blue his eyes turned, made me want to believe whatever he was saying, and think he's not just messing around. And I actually did believe him for a moment there, but then I came out of it, shook my head to get rid of that thought. Something felt so different, it's just been two days that I've met him, and he already has this effect on me.

"Good, we missed you here." she said, and he smiled at her. "Yeah, especially Jessica." Adam snickered. "Don't talk about it, her voice haunts me, I think she is a witch and indulges in black magic you know, because she pops out of nowhere all of a sudden and her voice, don't get me started on that, it can barely be considered as a voice, it's a sound." Rach and Adam laughed to that. That's exactly what I thought about her voice, he gave the same comment. I was still looking at him and he looked at me, and for the nth time today, I felt something, just by one look from him. Are, our thoughts similar? It's just a co incidence, chuck it, I told myself and continued devouring my pizza, my one true soulmate.

After a few episodes, it was 11:30 when Sam and Adam decided to leave. Adam hugged Rachel, kissed her head and stepped out and ran to the car, trying not to get wet. She blushed so easily. Can these two get married already. Sam stood by the door Rachel waved at him, and her phone started ringing, she went in the kitchen, where she had kept it. It was just me and him now. There was a moment of silence, I just looked anywhere but him. He cleared his throat, "I'll be leaving now. Bye" he said, "Yeah, uh bye" I said, still finding his sneakers interesting, suddenly they moved and I knew he went. "Oh, and Myla" I looked up to find him standing out in the porch with his hands in his pockets, so relaxed, while the rain was falling on him, and there were patches of dark shades of grey on his shirt due to the rain. This was the first time he used my name. It felt so strangely good, never before did my name sound so beautiful to me. "Yeah?", he was quite for a second just looking at me, and said "Try to not dream about me, you know since I am so damn hot" a boyish grin on his face, heartstopping ,"Won't be a problem, don't worry." I said, but couldn't hide the smile on my face as I shook my head slightly, looking at him, I just couldnt look away. Adam honked twice, Sam turned around saw him in the car, and looked at me again, he raised his hand as a sign of bye, I just waved at him and watched him jog away. I closed the door, and drew a long breath in. There stood Rachel in front of me, with her arms crossed on her chest. Guess I'm not going to sleep anytime soon.