Nights

Please do vote, it encourages me to come up with new chapters.

.

Myla

I sat on the bar stool, with my head down on the counter. God I was tired out of my mind, and I had a slight headache, but I knew this slight would change into major in no time. ughhhhhh, I groaned. This place was suffocating.

I felt a hand rub my back, I stiffened, but I knew who it was, and with that thought I relaxed.

"Feeling any better?" his voice was gentle and full of care, I looked up and met his eyes. I shook my head, "I need to use the washroom."

"This is the fourth time in the last one hour fifteen minutes" I could hear the humour in his voice and how he was trying not to smile. Jerk

"Ha ha, I know. It's all your fault, you're the one who forced me to drink four bottles of water. I'm tired Sam." I said getting up.

"Let's get out of here, you'll freshen up. Don't be so stubborn it's been more than an hour I'm trying to convince you to ditch the party but you just won't agree. It's not that big of a deal okay, I'll call Matt, he'll drop the rest of them, they can even call a cab. Stop worrying about others, you're exhausted Myla, just listen to me." his voice softened at the end and I just couldn't say no.

I nodded and headed to the washroom for the fourth time. I felt Sam walking behind me, I stopped and he bumped into me, "I can go alone Sam, you call Matt." he looked hesitant, but I stood my ground. "I'll be right here. Don't accept any more drinks now." there, smirky was back. I rolled my eyes, and went to the washroom.

The way Sam cared and worried about me today just warmed my heart. He came with me till the washroom every time and waited for me outside. When asked about it, he said there were a lot of drunk people around and he didn't want me to go alone. Even though it was because I was a little high, it still didn't fail to make me smile.

I came outside, after using the washroom and washing my hands with a smile, "Hey, hottie" a well built, probably my age guy, held my wrist. Who is he?

 "I'm sorry I think you mistook me for somebody else" I tried to pull my hand away, but he held on to it real tight, okay now it hurts. I sure as hell was scared, but I wouldn't think twice before kicking him in the nuts.

"Aren't you the one who was dancing with Anderson, you've got some moves sweetheart."

"Brian step back before I break your face" relief flooded through me on hearing his voice. Built Bulldozer  let go off my hand immediately, Sam was now standing in between me and him.

Sam took a step towards him, and said something, his voice was cold and threatening. I was surprised to see him this way. Sam took another threatening step towards him and I came back to my senses, I held his hand "Let's just go." He stopped in his tracks, but didn't look away from him.

"Sam" my voice barely a whisper, he removed my hand from his wrist, and held it properly, with his fingers wrapped around mine. We started walking out, Sam suddenly turned, "Stay the fuck, away from her!" Every word was said with hatred.

I had to almost run to match with Sam's speed walking. 

Soon we were outside, on the sidewalk, a few people here and there roaming around. He let go off my hand, and kicked a pebble really hard, and let out a frustrated sigh. I saw him this way for the very first time in the last two weeks.

He was always composed, he wasn't too serious, but he was mysterious. He loved his friends. But I didn't see him this way. It looked as if he was frustrated because he was scared of something.