We're Cool?

Please do vote and comment.

............................................

Myla

I rushed to him and kneeled down. "Hey, look at me, look at me. I'm so sorry , I completely forgot. But please talk to me." I said while one of my hand cupped his face while I pated his cheek softly. He didn't open his eyes completely but he was not unconscious either. 

He was soaking wet and it was too cold. He'll definitely get sick, but he can't pass out here on the doorstep. I was so scared looking at him in this state, and all of this happened because of me. I felt a lump building up in my throat.

"Sam" I whispered, and held his face forcing him to look straight at me. "I'm okay, My" his voice came out strained and rough. But it was enough.

"Stand up, let me take you inside" I said helping him stand. "I always knew you wanted me in your bed" he said leaning against the door while I unlocked the door. "Not now Anderson."

"Yeah yeah not now, we'll get inside first, don't want to give the neighbors a free show" he said and started coughing.

 "Keep your mouth shut Sam, listen to me for once" I scolded, as I removed a bar stool and made him sit on it after entering the house.

"That's not fair I always lis...." 

"Shhh" I pressed my finger on his lips to silence him up but who knew that it would shoot up tingles in my body. I looked at him carefully now in light, he looked pale. I kept examining his face, while he looked at me. 

Suddenly I moved my finger, realizing it was still pressed on his lips. "Ummm, go take a hot bath, I'll make some hot chocolate for you, you'll feel better." With that he nodded and walked away.

..................

Sam

Throughout the shower, all I could think about was her. The worry on her face when she found me in that state. The way her fingers felt on my lips, how her eyes roamed around my face making sure I'm okay and how she let out a breath when she knew I was okay. 

A smile played on my lips, it felt good that there's someone who cares for you. 

I chuckled to myself remembering the incidents of this morning, she literally thought I was her imagination and confessed she was thinking about me. That did come out as a surprise to me, but the fact that she too thought about me made me happy. 

She went ballistic on my ass when she saw me eating her Doritos, which reminds me I should give her the packets of Doritos and mayonnaise I bought for her.

Something's wrong. I never did this for anyone, then why her? 

I wore my sweatpants and hoodie and went to the kitchen. She was facing the other side stirring the hot chocolate, lost deep in thought. I went and sat on the barstool quietly. 

I know creepy, but I couldn't help it. 

She turned, unaware of my presence, gasped and stopped right in her tracks when she saw me.   "A little hi would be better" she muttered and handed me the cup and I smiled internally. 

Just as I was about to take a sip, I sneezed. She looked up with wide eyes " You didn't even dry your hair Sam, why are  you acting like this, you'll get sick!" she said rounding the corner and walking away.

What, is she mad at me now, " I don't get sick" I replied, taking a sip of my hot chocolate, damn that's good.

"I knew you weren't a human" she called out from her room and I sneezed again.

She came out with a towel and stood in front of me, and I rolled my eyes at her. But then she herself started drying my hair. She looked at my nose and smiled to herself, I knew it had turned red by now. This always happened to me since I was a kid.

"Hey! I'm not sick okay." I said.

"Sure Rudolf" she replied instantly with sarcasm.

I kept looking at her as she wiped my hair. 

"Do not stare." she said touching the hair gently that fell on my forehead, avoiding eye contact.

"Why, do I make you nervous?

"Uhhh" she stood behind me and started with her work again and I sneezed again. God, I'm definitely going to be sick. I felt my eyes burn and a ticklish sensation in my nose, and I sneezed again. 

"Look who's not  sick!" That sarcastic mouth of hers.

"Well I wouldn't be if you didn't forget to give me an extra pair of keys or inform me that you'd be late" I countered.

I felt her hands drop to my shoulder, and the towel fell down. Why did she stop, it felt so good.

"Sam" she called. 

"Yeah?"

"I'm really sorry, but I completely forgot. I know I fought with you this morning but trust me I didn't do it on purpose. I'm so sorry, if it wasn't for me you wouldn't be sick"

I held her hands and rubbed my thumb on her fingers. I couldn't see her, but I knew there was a frown on her face.

"My..... I'm  fine, I was just messing around with you.."

"But.."

"No, now you listen to me, I'm fine and you're not blaming yourself. We're cool, okay?" I said slightly turning to the side.

"Okay" she replied.

 I felt her lay her head on my head, her hair falling on my shoulder, and I just stroked my thumb on her fingers and gave it a light squeeze of reassurance. God, this woman will kill me with this affection, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't like it.

I knew she was not yet okay, but she didn't have anything to blame herself for. If it wasn't for that call, I wouldn't have left in a rush.

I felt her slowly pull away, I turned around to look at her but she was already walking to her room. But I did hear her say goodnight.

"Goodnight Myla" I said lowly.

That's when I realized that, I can't have her in my world. I cannot hurt another person I care for. Especially her. 

We're not cool..

.......................................

So what do you think will happen next?

Let me know in the comments. 

Meet you all next week. ( :