Batter Up +

Enter Player Name: Noah

The morning light that warmed my face never felt so calming. I fought the urge to close my eyes and elected to stare at the now empty spot. I smirked at the imprint of Riley's body on my bedsheets. I rather woken to her there, bare for me to devour again, but baby steps.

Longing pricked at my fingers, making me want to reach out to feel the remnants of her body heat. It was supposed to have been a quick breakfast in bed. Yet, it spilled into one, then two, hours of talking and fooling around. It was hard to let Riley go when she yawned. Every part of me wanted to keep her in my bed. But, I told myself to behave. Not to be overeager. As thrilled as I was to have Riley in my arms, something told me she would spook easily if I became a burden.

I reached for my phone and began typing.

Noah

Morning beautiful

Morning beau-

M-

No, that sounds too cheesy. I can do much better. Come on, Noah, pull out the big guns here.

Had a good sleep? I sure did.

Had-

Morning

I grunted, burying my head into my pillow. Was I becoming a fucking teenager all over again? I had done this on autopilot before, so why did texting Riley make my palms sweat and fingers tense? I cowered from the truth. That I was on thin ice with Riley, and I feared that after sleeping it over, she might regret it.

My phone vibrated in my hand.

Cream Puff

Morning handsome

I smiled at her words. I knew I should have gone with my gut feeling.

Noah

Do you have any plans for the day?

The computers arrived today, I was hoping to get your help with putting them together?

Cream Puff

Sorry can't do it

Have to take Mikey to a tball game

Then I think Jay is hanging with some friends

So don't think I'll have the day pree

*free

Noah

Ahh no worries, I get it.

I stared into the white. More than receiving help with the computer, I wanted to spend more time with her. To have her once again in my arms. I guess there was one obvious option. I hatched a plan in my hand and typed.

Noah

Can I come with?

Cream Puff

You want to come to Mikey's tball game?

Noah

That is why I asked?

Cream Puff

Ophff so sassy